Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Happy Mother's Day

Question: If your parents have undergone a divorce and due to obligations by social services that entitled your father custody of you and your brothers and sisters, is your mom still a mother?

Marriage, divorce, social services, etc. are all artificial constructs whose nature changes over time and space. But your mother is always your mother.

Children's true parents are the things that spent the most time raising them: the puppet strings of the reeducational fail bureaucracy, Ross, Monica, Rachel and Chandler Bing, Bill Cosby, Mr. T, Alf, and the geico gecko. I haven't been to a classroom in awhile, but I assume its degenerated to the point where they just wheel in a tv and show kids commercials to be tested on by now. "Now kids, I want an essay about how 15 minutes could save you 15 percent or more on the hidden tax called car insurance (added to many other hidden taxes such as, oh, 'streetsweeper day', yeah, TWICE a week you can get a ticket for parking on the wrong side.. its guaranteed bonus cash due to guaranteed statistics and probability! Oh, the street is SOOO dirty, I think we should do it 7 times a week!), the fewer words and more misspellings, the higher grade I will judge you with to reward you for your brain washing susceptibility." A queen ant must have quite a mother's day.

If that seems far fetched, what do you call Doodle 4 Google? Today's lesson will involve drawing the logo of a big powerful corporation to imprint it into your subconscious mind. Be glad that they currently claim benevolence. Wait until doodle 4 ebay comes along from a corporate dictatorship that practices lots of nazi censorship, propaganda and banhammer tactics.
I better briefly steer back onto the topic of mother's day; have you seen google's mother's day logo? Its extremely gay. Seriously, it looks like it was designed by Alan Turing after he was forced by the government to drink large quantities of titty growing estrogen.
Anyway, I assume black school children are now congregated into a separate class to learn the more ebonic ads from the campaigns targeted to their demographic. Today's test is on McDonald's: question 1: "are you 'lovin' it'?" (the incorrect answer is no).

So long story short, happy mother's day!

40oz said:

Question: If your parents have undergone a divorce and due to obligations by social services that entitled your father custody of you and your brothers and sisters, is your mom still a mother?

The opposite of that question applies to me (I stayed with my mother) so I'll say that even though I have had almost zero contact with my father since they broke up (last time was a phone call in Christmas 09), and even though he had almost no part in my upbringing, he's still "father" to me.

Being one who lived through exactly* what you just asked, my answer would be: yes, she is your mother. At least biologically. In my case, my grandmother is my mother figure since my mom wasn't able to be in the picture.

*Since I don't have full blooded brothers and sisters, it's not 100% exact. I do have 2 half sisters who live with my mom, but they were born about 10 years+ after the divorce.

Jodwin said:

The opposite of that question applies to me (I stayed with my mother) so I'll say that even though I have had almost zero contact with my father since they broke up (last time was a phone call in Christmas 09), and even though he had almost no part in my upbringing, he's still "father" to me.

Similar to Jodwin, I've had almost no contact with my father (thankfully). However, I also do not consider him my father since he didn't raise me. If the roles were switched, and it was my mother who I was estranged with, then I'd say she wasn't my mother.

Fuck all this fraternal vaginary seen here. If she wasn't part of your life, than you don't have to acknowledge her motherhood.

Technician said:

Fuck all this fraternal vaginary seen here. If she wasn't part of your life, than you don't have to acknowledge her motherhood.

Well stated.

With an egg donor, a surrogate mother, and an adoptive mother, it's possible to have 3 mothers in this day and age without even experiencing a single divorce. The question is: which one do you call, or most consider, Mom? Also, in this case, are there two biological mothers?

The only oddity I can even come close to is that I had a grandmother die before I was born. My grandfather remarried, and technically, I've known that woman as my grandmother most of my life. Too bad she's a greedy, distant bitch. Considering that, I actually still refer to the O.G. as "Grandma" and the second woman "Irene."

Of course, this is a pretty far cry from the question of direct mothers.

Luckily, I've had a fairly stable family my entire life (save for my father and sister having their fair share of problems). So, happy Mother's Day to ya, Mom!

Technician said:

and pretend you fell from some other vagina? or that she just carried an ovum of your step-mother? an estranged mother may lose her legal, social and emotional status of a mother, but it's hard not to acknowledge her being your "biological mother".

It goes back to nature VS nurture. If all your biological mother did was give birth to you, then she had no involvement in shaping you into the person that you are. Same deal with deadbeat dads that are essentially just sperm donors, and had no involvement in any parental capacity.

40oz said:

Easy, to me she would still be my mother.
However, in the governments eyes she is not the primary care giver since she no longer has custody of the children.

I mean its largely a Grey area, but if your looking for a cut and dry answer, there you go.

Mother's day is my most dreaded day of the year. Why? Because my mom always makes my day a living hell just because I didn't bother getting her some stupid card. Then she starts screaming at the top of her lungs about how I "don't appreciate her". Ugh.

Your parents are the people who raised you and you have a relationship with, if she doesn't qualify then you don't owe her jack shit.

People it's fucking easy to have a baby-- it's a lot harder to raise one. People shouldn't be congratulated for throwing another kid into the world that they couldn't raise, even if it's you. It's fantastic that I'm alive and that I was born, but my mother is still a piece of shit who should never have had a child.

Jeez what a thread.

Your mother gave birth to you. Anyone else who didn't do that, isn't. The lady who did do that, is. Law has nothing to do with it.

It's that simple, end of topic. Let's try not to fill this forum with rants about our families... make a blog if you really must.