As the title say my first ever to be released Doom map is completed,
right now i need help, some feedback from an expert would be really
welcome! Anyone want to give it a try?

Alright, i couldn't be more happy! Email sent to all of you with
the level included, keep in mind that it should be tested in
GZDoom or Skulltag!

Megamur, i cant seem to be able to email you, can i send an
attachment via private message?

Emails? YOu couldn't of just uploaded it somewhere and post the link? Well, whatever feels safer for you I suppose.

Well, i'd rather have some feedback before doing a final release,
as you will see with the map, i can build something, but i'm still
a rookie when it come down to technical stuff.

It only took me a few minutes to make up my mind.

All I have to say is...

Welcome to Doomworld, my friend. *virtual handshake*

Well, the map looks and plays great. Beat it in 21:46 first try and found 4/12 secrets. Do you actually have 12 secrets in there? I got the BFG, plasma, and both soul spheres. I love the cacos on crack. Could I use your decorate monsters in some of my maps, or maybe could you help me make some of my own decorate monsters? Anyway, welcome to Doomworld and great first release.

The bad now: Map is a little easy. I can't usually beat maps on a first try. Maybe put more of your crackocacos in there instead of normal ones.

There's actually only 8 secret, i'm still trying to find what sector i accidently labelled as secret, good job on beating it!
I'm not really an expert on decorate, i had to do a lot ( i really mean it ) of trial and error before i got my "new" monsters to work.
There's still something that bother me with the caco on steroid, it seem that there's something wrong with the attacking animation...

DoomHero85 said:

Well, the map looks and plays great. Beat it in 21:46 first try and found 4/12 secrets. Do you actually have 12 secrets in there? I got the BFG, plasma, and both soul spheres. I love the cacos on crack. Could I use your decorate monsters in some of my maps, or maybe could you help me make some of my own decorate monsters? Anyway, welcome to Doomworld and great first release.

The bad now: Map is a little easy. I can't usually beat maps on a first try. Maybe put more of your crackocacos in there instead of normal ones.

Too easy? I can't even beat this on ITYTD. Maybe that's just because I have no skill, though.

I'm not that great either, still need to beat it, i'm playing on UV...and that's my own work :)

I really like the Art Direction with this map and the architecture. I love marble-castle maps and this really does just look great. Great in GZDoom. Good work.

I might have the secret to beating this level on UV. I was listening to some flamenco guitar, namely Paco De Lucia. Just listen to some of his stuff while playing and you'll be better.

I wouldn't say there's such thing as an expert as maps can't be for everyone, even someone with lots of doom knowledge might like maps that are considered bad by literally everyone else,

even then the map isn't bad, it's down to what someone likes playing

Simon666 said:

I couldn't be more agree with you! Time to go back to the final
polishing :)

Good to meet like-minded individuals :D Have you got the map uploaded anywhere yet 'cause i'd like to play it if that's OK?

I played it, and it's obvious that it's really well detailed , great looking, very well done with all your coding and stuff, it's all perfectly done and a complete map,

but it was insanely hard for me! It was like plutonia times a million

WoW, thanks a lot, but i have a problem, one of my friend
said that the level gave him a crash in GZDoom, have you tried
the map with it or Skulltag?
Note that it seem to be working for you.

Simon666 said:

WoW, thanks a lot, but i have a problem, one of my friend
said that the level gave him a crash in GZDoom, have you tried
the map with it or Skulltag?
Note that it seem to be working for you.

I played it with Zdoom and got no crashes, I haven't got skulltag, what kind of crash was it? 'Cause you can look at the console to see what went wrong

I did not get that crash, someone else did, but apparently for him
it's missing nodes when he checked with Doombuilder. I double checked the archives myself on my computer and my brother also
said that he got no trouble, dunno what's wrong.