Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Megalyth

Forum feature question.

I remember, some years ago, that clicking a link within a post would open a new window rather than using the one that was already open. There doesn't seem to be an option for this in the user settings. Is there any way to re-implement such a feature? Was it possibly browser-specific?

It was probably browser-specific. You can pretty much emulate that effect by clicking with the middle mouse button.

Megalyth said:

I remember, some years ago, that clicking a link within a post would open a new window rather than using the one that was already open. There doesn't seem to be an option for this in the user settings. Is there any way to re-implement such a feature? Was it possibly browser-specific?

Browser-specific. I use Opera and it never opened a new window/tab.

Xeros612 said:

It was probably browser-specific. You can pretty much emulate that effect by clicking with the middle mouse button.

Hey, neat! I never knew that.

Technician said:

Browser-specific. I use Opera and it never opened a new window/tab.

This was quite a long time ago, around the time the forums were first activated. The browser was possibly even Netscape Navigator, I really don't remember. This question has actually popped into my head a few times over the years, I just never bothered to ask, because it wasn't really a big deal. Thanks for the pointers, guys.

It's not browser-specific, Ling changed it a few years ago, and no there isn't a user-panel setting for it, it was hard-coded. I did prefer separate tabs, but it wasn't very hard to get into the habit of scroll-wheel-clicking links here for the new tab. I already did that on most other sites anyway.

Yeah, now that I know about the wheel-click, I'll just do that, rather than right-click, open new tab, etc.

Megalyth said:

Yeah, now that I know about the wheel-click, I'll just do that, rather than right-click, open new tab, etc.

Dude, don't conform, made demands!

Oh hey, I didn't know about using the scroll wheel to click. I always used ctrl+click.