Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elic

Plutonia design credits?

I recently started going through Plutionia again, and I'm wondering which one of the Casalis made each level. Is there something somewhere that says this?

As far as I know, the individual credits for each map aren't public knowledge, aside from the fact that each brother made 16 maps, and MAP32 was one of the ones done by Milo, according to Dario.

I'd love to be proven wrong, as I've spent a plenty of time scouring the web for such info myself, to no avail. Maybe one of the pair has elaborated on the credits somewhere, but I doubt it.

I think Milo also did MAP09, as it was originally posted as butcher.wad on the idgames database. I would also like to know who made what, but in a way I almost feel I could sort of tell each other's style, as hard as it might be seeing they're both pretty similar.

Well that sucks :(

It would be hard to split there maps based on their similar styles, but there are some things I can tell from their TNT/Memento Mori levels, such as the fact that Milo doesn't give a shit about 100% kills (as in TNT MAP28 and MM MAP23)

The first level is non-linear and some optional areas. The second is more simple and more linear. The third is kinda non-linear. The fourth is non-linear. The fifth is linear (in each way). The sixth is linear...

If I had to take a guess at it, here's what I think it might be:

MAP01: Dario
MAP02: Milo
MAP03: Dario
MAP04: Milo
MAP05: Dario
MAP06: Milo
MAP07: Dario
MAP08: Milo
MAP09: Milo
MAP10: Dario
MAP11: Milo
MAP12: Dario
MAP13: Milo
MAP14: Dario
MAP15: Milo
MAP16: Dario
MAP17: Milo
MAP18: Milo
MAP19: Dario
MAP20: Dario
MAP21: Milo
MAP22: Dario
MAP23: Milo
MAP24: Dario
MAP25: Milo
MAP26: Dario
MAP27: Milo
MAP28: Dario
MAP29: Milo
MAP30: Dario
MAP31: Dario
MAP32: Milo

Anyway, just my guess.

So you just guessed just like 1>2>1>2 except some couple because you already know them? Well I agree with you is MAP19 and MAP20, both similar. I think one of them is more complex while the other makes it more simple.

MAP10 - More complex (and kinda missy)
MAP11 - More simple (despite the maze idea)
MAP12 - More complex (clearly)
MAP13 - More simple (MAP12 was more non-linear and longer, while this is linear)
MAP23 - MC (this is the most map to be complex I think)
MAP24 - MS (clearly, and so smaller than the previous!!!)
MAP28 - MC (you can go in 4 places)
MAP29 - MC again (a perfect non-linear map)
MAP31 - MS (linear)
MAP32 - MC (another perfect non-linear map)

Dario and Milo have their own style of architecture, and since I checked each map, I think it's this:

Map01: Milo
Map02: Dario
Map03: Milo
Map04: Dario
Map05: Milo
Map06: Dario
Map07: Dario
Map08: Dario
Map09: Milo
Map10: Dario
Map11: Dario
Map12: Milo
Map13: Dario
Map14: Dario
Map15: Milo
Map16: Milo
Map17: Dario
Map18: Milo
Map19: Milo
Map20: Dario
Map21: Milo
Map22: Dario
Map23: Milo
Map24: Dario
Map25: Dario
Map26: Dario
Map27: Milo
Map28: Milo
Map29: Milo
Map30: Milo
Map31: Dario
Map32: Milo

I'm not sure, but it seems that Dario made 15 maps, and Milo made 17 maps, even though Dario stated that he and Milo designed 16 maps each. This is because I'm still guessing who designed Map24, though I speculate that Dario and Milo made their own interpretation of Doom 2's The Living End, and Map24 was so much like Memento Mori's Map24: Diehard. The design was very close to Map27's to be sure, though...

@T-Rex

Thanks for that list, but I'm just wondering: What differences do you notice between the two's design styles?

Dario's style has more versimilitude compared to Milo's, whereas Milo's style of architecture is blockish, but also consists of large circular arenas, somewhat reminding me of Tom Hall's Doom maps, though a more obvious example would be Yonatan's HR maps.