Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brewtal_Legend

Doom 2 lost episode?

I don't think so, since we don't have any more "lost" levels. The only PSX Doom level that was left out from the Lost Episode is Hell Gate and Club Doom. Also, the Xbox exclusive levels (not counting No Rest For The Living) were old 94 levels from the team that ported Doom and Doom II, and I think they can be found at idgamesarchive (or certainly at ClassicDoom.com).

Interesting, although I have to say the garish colors in that first level almost made me lose my lunch. Doom is not a game which responds well to a psychedelic color palette. Still the later levels are better. (So far!)

Mostly what Llama said. There's not enough left to make a full episode out of anything, especially considering that Sewers and Betray are trash. Considering the vast amount of Doom 2 resources I ripped over for LE anyway, it's more or less a "Doom 2 lost episode" already. ;)

I also appear to still be the only human being who seems to actually like E5M1's opening room. :P

well, maybe doom 64 levels? I'd be really interested to see doom64 levels done in an id doom 2 style. Like with the original sprites and doom 2/plutonia/tnt textures for the most part. The doom 64 levels in consoledoom.wad just seem really out of place and kinda jarring with the doom 64 textures after playing a previous map with original id textures.

That'd fall more under the realm of a remake rather than a "lost maps" set, but that's still an interesting proposition. Doom64 maps in id style? Hmm... ;)

Xaser said:

Mostly what Llama said. There's not enough left to make a full episode out of anything, especially considering that Sewers and Betray are trash. Considering the vast amount of Doom 2 resources I ripped over for LE anyway, it's more or less a "Doom 2 lost episode" already. ;)

I also appear to still be the only human being who seems to actually like E5M1's opening room. :P

You know, call me crazy, but I really liked the idea of your Doom 2 "episode" a la OG Doom. Eight main levels and one secret instead of the typical Doom 2 episode being MAP01-11, etc.. Granted, the vast majority of people will play through the secret map(s) anyway.

Xaser said:

That'd fall more under the realm of a remake rather than a "lost maps" set, but that's still an interesting proposition. Doom64 maps in id style? Hmm... ;)

I'd love to see the D64 maps Id-style :) If you do this, I wouldn't mind if the levels are modified a bit to include the rest of the Doom 2 monsters.

I always wondered what the chaingunner, revenant, archvile and mastermind would look like D64 style. Perhaps if I get some clay or something...

I wonder if making the doom 64 maps in id style would involve completely remaking the levels from scratch, or if you could just take the maps from Absolution or doom 64 ex and re-texture them and change the monster sprites to the id sprites? Maybe keep the original Doom 64 music and sound fx though. I kinda like them.

Xaser said:
I also appear to still be the only human being who seems to actually like E5M1's opening room. :P [/B]

Bro, you're not alone. That whole level in general was awesome.

Megamur said:

Why clay? The DOOM 64 monsters were done with 3D computer models.

they're different in style and stick out if you put them into a classic wad. the classic sprites look more natural to me. i agree with brewtal legend about keeping the sounds and music, they're more sinister than those from the classic game.