Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schmerr

New wad: Operation Terrafaux

Looks kinda old-school, but without going the route of yet another E1 remake. I'm in. :)

I'm liking this man, It does look refreshingly like something that would be a hoot to play, I like the last shot especially, hurry and finish it, :P

Megamur said:

I assume this will be a ZDoom set, since you're using flats as textures?

ZDoom isn't the only port that supports flats as textures and vice versa.

Screen4 seems a little redundant considering it's essentially pitch black.

Don't take this the wrong way, since I believe everyone should make whatever sorts of maps they want to, but it does seem like polishing up alignments, and positioning windows so they look nice with the textures, would put the shine on a nice clean old-school style. The fifth screenshot is a particularly egregious offender here. And there are some rooms that seem too underdetailed because they're big enough that big expanses of a single texture on walls/floor begins to look ugly even in an old-school style. If I were you I might think about adding some computer banks or other visual hook to e.g. the third screenshot.

Lest I seem to be overly critical, I want to say that a lot of the rest of the shots do look really nice in that simplistic sort of way, like the stairway with the torches, the shot with the ceiling lights, and the seventh and eighth screenshots which in my opinion have almost exactly the right amount of detail along with some neat texture usage and wall angles.

Good on you for getting a mapset out at all! Look forward to seeing the release.

Vermil said:

ZDoom isn't the only port that supports flats as textures and vice versa.

Well, either way, this doesn't look vanilla-compatible and I hope schmerr will let us know what port(s) this is for. I hate when people just throw out a map and make you guess what engine will run it.

schmerr said:

O rignt, its for zdoom.

Doom in Doom format? Heh, you remind to myself when I started mapping. Solid maps for ZDoom =)

I think just continue work without external ideas =) I'd like to know, what can you do by myself, beacuse these pictures are promising

I want to give a few people my map and see what modifications they submit back to me, and work off that.

schmerr said:

I want to give a few people my map and see what modifications they submit back to me, and work off that.

Ah ok, send me your map