Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DA

I'm an idiot

I asked earlier about the red door in level 27, I meant 28, the spirit world. Thanks to all who helped though.

well, did you find it in Spirit World ok?

That map is quite tricky first tine round, I have distant memories of getting stuck in the bit directly after the moving-face walls... it's not easy at first.

Level 28 is really the only Hell-themed level in the game.

Seems like it, but Doom 2 is supposed to have a 'different' hell. That's supposed to be Hell after the demons have implemented the human technology they found in Doom 1 (although I will say they did it mighty fast).

Yay, somebody else sees the light!

I'd say 29 could pass for Hell too, although mostly just because of the blood.

That's supposed to be Hell after the demons have implemented the human technology they found in Doom 1

Have your eyes checked man. Inferno had the technology and stuff in it. Besides, there's no real storyline to it.

Yay, somebody else sees the light!

:)

I'd say 29 could pass for Hell too, although mostly just because of the blood.

Yeah, that, and all those demons:)

yep the spirit world is one of my favorites when it comes to doom2, then the pit, tricks and traps, and I can't think of any more.

yep the spirit world is one of my favorites when it comes to doom2, then the pit, tricks and traps, and I can't think of any more.

I liked most of the Doom2 maps despite the fact that the ones in the 'hell' episode were kind of halfassed design-wise. The only ones that I blatantly dislike are map07 and map30.

29 is definately my favorite Doom2 map. I also like maps 1, 09, 10, 11, 15, 19, 24, 28, and 29. Those are the ones that I remember the most, for some reason.

It's been so long since I played doom or any video game that I don't even know what those maps are anymore.

i like spirits world.it reallys give me how the hell will be look like.moreover,that level midi perfectly fit with it.

Yeah, all the mids rule

The best midi in any doom game is this one
http://www.doomworld.com/music/d_e1m8.mid
That theme IS doom. The first time you hear it you know its time your going into the deep end.

MUS, you idiots! MUS, not MIDI! You ever tried converting the original MUS files to MIDI and listening in a MIDI player? It sounds like a russian chainsaw hitting a nail!

Bah, even MUSPlay doesn't always make the files sound right, even if equipped with the same GENMIDI from the DOOM WAD. The only way where the DOOM music sounds like it should is within the game.

I'm listening to Intermission right now.

Which one? Intermission from Doom or Doom 2 Intermission?

I'm listening to Intermission right now.

Which one? Intermission from Doom or Doom 2 Intermission?

I'd hope that it's the latter. DOOM1 Intermission always sounded a bit lame to me. DOOM2 Intermission has some cool music, especially from the middle part on.

The intermission from between levels or at the end of episodes?

Between levels. The one at the end of the episodes, or in DOOM2, between certain levels, doesn't have a name as far as I know.

I call it "storyline" because it plays in the background of the storyline text. IMO, the DOOM II Storyline is the best track in all DOOM games.

I hate MAP09...it annoys the Hell out of me.

Map09 is a cool map despite some of the annoyingly placed ChainGunners.

I'd hope that it's the latter. DOOM1 Intermission always sounded a bit lame to me. DOOM2 Intermission has some cool music, especially from the middle part on.

Well, I'm of the opposite opinion I'm afraid.

I found the Doom1 intermission music really cool - got this cool feeling of being a "badass marine" who had just cleared another building.
Doom 2's intermission music just gave me the impression of being inside the mind of a maniac - suited the Doom 2 intermission screen perfectly, but it didn't fit as intermission music itself imho.

besides the sense of victory,the music of the end of episode also give the feeling of unend worry IMO.(Once you beat the big badasses and clean out the moon base you're supposed to win, aren't you? Aren't you?)

DOOM2 map 18 music(plus the maze with blood on floor) is quite scary .

DOOM2 map 18 music(plus the maze with blood on floor) is quite scary .

Yeah, that part realy creeped me out, what with the darkness, the blood maze, and that mancubus.
BTW, the music is Pantera's "This Love".

Map 28 always felt like real Hell to me. It's interesting to see the slow increase in lava the deeper you go in.

Map 24 never made sense to me. I tried to make myself beleive it was a mining operation.

E2M6, this one ALWAYS makes me nervous. Those tight concrete halls. The wooden maze with little lighting. and that music...god, that music...

Map 10 is another realistic one. The Barracks part, the huge fuel pumps, the giant room with the revenents...