Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Last Week on Earth

Looks like by using a tropical year of 365.2422 days, they've avoided any missing days that might result from a shift from the Julian to Gregorian calendar. It'd be sad if the world ended 11 days ago and no one noticed...

Processingcontrol said:

The entire economic system is so fucked. Its a completely run away artificial system that rewards people proportional to their fucktardedness and selfish memetic exploitation of others. The more real work you do and the more altruistic you are, the less money you get. One of the only unsaturated insane ways left to flip bits in your stupid bank account is to use all the viral tools at your disposal to infect minds with whatever next scheme to make insanely unfair amounts of other people's money flow toward you. Even something as dumb as chocolate rain can make you millions if you find a way to spam it enough in enough brains. BRAINS! We're being overrun by zombies who want to eat your brain! The world drastically needs an entire paradigm shift; hopefully robots will replace humanity and organize themselves in a way where sanity could be a long term goal.

It's 5 minutes past midnight and the only apocalypse that's happening is in my throat- I think I have the flu.

DON'T BREATHE IN MY DIRECTION! I haven't had a flu shot and don't want to spend eternal damnation feeling like death warmed over.

My brother has reported no flaming death from above, nor any Jesus sightings. He thought he saw Elvis, but it was just a cat

Just a few hours now. Think I might hedge my bets a bit and do some praying.

Spoiler

Doom's sort of like praying, right? JC would totally be down with me blasting the shit out of some Pain Elementals.

I think I have my plans down.

First, I'll gather up some old clothes and sort them so I have matching outfits (at least shoes, shirt, and pants). Then I'll leave them lying around on random sidewalks.

Then, I say we all go buy some blow up dolls and helium. Then at the time the Rapture is supposed to start happening, we'll fill them up and start releasing them into the air.

Does the Rapture propagate evenly across time zones? Does it take daylight saving time into account? How does it cope with irregular/legally sanctioned special time zones? Does it take the Juche Calendar into account?

I don't think Jesus would show up right at 12:00 AM. He seems kind of lazy. To me the last nail is in the coffin (or cross, should I say) at 12 AM the 22nd.

DuckReconMajor said:

I don't think Jesus would show up right at 12:00 AM. He seems kind of lazy. To me the last nail is in the coffin (or cross, should I say) at 12 AM the 22nd.

I dunno... he might just surprise us and come early. Bandwidth would have had to improve, so the 3-day lag he experienced last time shouldn't happen anymore.

Partition36 said:

I think I have my plans down.

First, I'll gather up some old clothes and sort them so I have matching outfits (at least shoes, shirt, and pants). Then I'll leave them lying around on random sidewalks.

Then, I say we all go buy some blow up dolls and helium. Then at the time the Rapture is supposed to start happening, we'll fill them up and start releasing them into the air.

I'll help ya with that.

CODOR said:

Looks like by using a tropical year of 365.2422 days, they've avoided any missing days that might result from a shift from the Julian to Gregorian calendar. It'd be sad if the world ended 11 days ago and no one noticed...

Actually, that's a good point. If these people have gone to the trouble of using an accurate amount of days in a year, they have to take this into account.
Of course, there is the point that this calendar jump was based upon the fact that the calendar was getting out of touch with the actual time between equinoxes. So, if they were to use the 'amount of equinoxes passed' or something as their counter, it might be accurate.
However, since they're using an amount of days, thy should really have taken all sorts of things into account - I'm sure that back when they're counting from, there were slightly different amounts of days in a year... I remember reading somewhere that the calendar was in a mess those days. So, they'll have to go through the historical records, and look at the day count for EACH YEAR, and take that into account when calculating this.

Maes said:

Does the Rapture propagate evenly across time zones? Does it take daylight saving time into account? How does it cope with irregular/legally sanctioned special time zones? Does it take the Juche Calendar into account?

SHHHHHHH

What are you doing! Stop asking questions! Look, just accept jesus into your heart and everything will be ok.

Quast said:

SHHHHHHH

What are you doing! Stop asking questions! Look, just accept jesus into your heart and everything will be ok.

No.

Quast said:

SHHHHHHH

Why would I do that when he won't even accept me (according to the Christian scholars I've spoken to)? That's like a loan shark saying, "Don't worry, everything will be fine. Trust me."

Maes said:

Piddling details like time zones don't matter when you're omnipotent, just have the Rapture follow the setting sun. Admittedly that system's perfect, without a bit of divine intervention people in the polar regions might have to wait until late August to be called to God.

Technician said:

I still have around ten or so hours before the end arrives. How about you guys?

Assuming a 6pm start - about six and a quarter hours to go here. Maybe I can put off replacing the washing machine until tomorrow.

Still got a while to go here (GMT -7), but one of the dickheads across my alley filled a sex doll with helium and let it fly, so that's something.

Well it's ten minutes after midnight. I feel like I must venture outside and peek at the neighbors to see if any of their houses are empty. It sucks living in a secluded area, if I were still in the city, I could hear some cars crashing into each other.

I had this dream where the rapture happened and jesus came back as a black hole in my front yard. I don't see him out there.

Also, i dont think anyone posted this, but heh

DuckReconMajor said:

I had this dream where the rapture happened and jesus came back as a black hole in my front yard.

I had a dream where Jesus came back as a black man and to put the smack-dab on whitey.

It's approaching 4pm here, which means New Zealand should start shaking any time now. I decided to stop prevaricating and install the new washing machine, much as I'm not looking forward to an eternity of torment it'd be worse without clean underwear.

OMFG - my watch has stopped!!