Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Last Week on Earth

PRIMEVAL said:

Who knows if it'll literally be us rising into the sky or if it's just a metaphor of us moving on to a higher plane of existence / dimension.

i don't get why a rapture is needed at all. as an upstanding christian, aren't you going to heaven when you die anyways? why would one generation be suddenly chosen to ascend during their life? if god wants to break the cycle, he has a long list of destructive or non-destructive options to wipe us out, no need for a big show announced with a TBD date.

A leaflet I'd read decades ago claimed that good christians don't go to heaven immediately after death. Instead, they hang around and feed the worms until Judgement Day, when they rise from their graves (don't know what happens if you've been cremated) to be judged alongside the living. Given that for every person walking the Earth there's maybe another 30 under their feet, I don't think Jesus will be looking forward to Judgement Day - he might have to recruit Judge Judy to deal with the unrepentant atheists.

dew said:

i don't get why a rapture is needed at all. as an upstanding christian, aren't you going to heaven when you die anyways? why would one generation be suddenly chosen to ascend during their life? if god wants to break the cycle, he has a long list of destructive or non-destructive options to wipe us out, no need for a big show announced with a TBD date.

How I see it is just the end of time, the final chapter of human civilization. He will make the final judgment and send everyone on Earth where He sees fit. Not all Christians will go to Heaven. And maybe not all non-Christians will go to Hell. I'm in no place to say.

Hopes that billions of people would die in the most torturous way possible?

DuckReconMajor said:

He spent lots of money trying to warn everybody, else you would have never heard of the guy.

It's not just him. It's the followers who also spent money - some spent their life savings - on this. While I don't like the guy or his message, and understand that it was his and their own decisions, I do know what it's like to feel disappointed. And I can't imagine what it must feel like to know that your actions led to others to lose so much themselves. So I guess I agree and do feel bad for him in a way.

EDIT: Though at the same time, there's also stuff like this:

Megamur said:

Millions of dollars on doomsday billboards. Seriously.

well if they're strong in their conviction that the end is nigh, why not. if I really thought I had a few turns of the clock before apocalypse I definitely wouldn't be above mass frivolous spending.

wikipedia says:
The International Day of the Nacho takes place every October 21.

I just happend to read this from International Day of the Nacho

So he predicted a nacho day? Well, I did make some tortilla sauce couple days ago..

GreyGhost said:

A leaflet I'd read decades ago claimed that good christians don't go to heaven immediately after death. Instead, they hang around and feed the worms until Judgement Day, when they rise from their graves (don't know what happens if you've been cremated) to be judged alongside the living. Given that for every person walking the Earth there's maybe another 30 under their feet

In other words there will be zombies.