Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jodwin

Map: Bratislava 2011

http://www.mediafire.com/?r4fewivl1chw1so

my FDA, playing on HMP (very cautiously). Not going to be super fun to watch but maybe it will be helpful. Gave it two or three attempts but didn't succeed, although I'm pretty sure I was at the end.

Fun level though! The only thing I didn't like was the dealing with the lift that gives access to the area with the red key. Also, I found some HOM on linedef 818 and 2236.

This level was pretty sweet I must say. Good style, with some solid but not ridiculous battles. No FDA 'cause I played on ZDoom, but I got my way through it on UV without dying, saving a couple of times. Pacing is well done. Only thing that I'm not a big fan of is the masses of revenants that showed up a couple of times, cause it just meant I'd be running around in circles for a while. Not a big deal though. Very nice work.

NT

21:36

An OK map. Circlestrafing seems to be a solution to all problems. Also too much brown for my taste and the music is too loud.

The room with the 4 pain elementals, there's a weird height variation going on with the ceiling making a wall look bugged (linedef 2271 and 1502).

Good map though, I'm not a fan of traps (especially with revenants), but I loved how the map unfolds. That is, by the time you're done, the level has totally different connectivity and stuff.

I finished this map in "snake" style to counter the dreaded Finnish Frugality Formula (aka as "two shells for three imps") and the artificially blown nintendo-hard difficulty. I found a neat trick to disrupt the final yellow doors fights, which I just consider fair play since Joddo considers a RL tops to be "adequate" for close-range encounters with cybies, revenants and other assorted hordes ;-)

OK, it's a decent map, and even though it does have a serious case of Jodwinism (unarmored and shotty-only progression through a good part of the level, vs middle tier monsters), it's playable and delightfully abusable with infighting ;-)

Maes said:

and delightfully abusable with infighting ;-)

yup, in my case a cyber frozen and bitten to death by a single demon.

Maes said:

OK, it's a decent map, and even though it does have a serious case of Jodwinism (unarmored and shotty-only progression through a good part of the level, vs middle tier monsters), it's playable and delightfully abusable with infighting ;-)

The final version starts off with green armor, but less health. :P And there's more than enough ammo even for a lousy shot like yourself.

a bit too much brown too, for my taste, as in the second shot for example. nice gameplay however.

A really nice clean fun map to play,

awesomely spacious and great to roam through,

loads of good straight up action and logical puzzles,

Looks great, although borderline too detailed for me,

nice length and a rewarding last battle,

I give this 4.9999999 recurring out of 5 :D

I would of been happy with this in Doom 2, oh and nice music!

have you found out what monster keeps missing, maybe it doesn't show up because of a bug?

Torr Samaho said:

have you found out what monster keeps missing, maybe it doesn't show up because of a bug?

There's one monster teleport (the cross-shaped room before yellow key) where it's theoretically possible to not have one baron teleport properly, but doing a max run is perfectly possible.