Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

Your Doom stuff?

Hey guys! I've been wondering lately that since this is such a big community with a lot of passionate Doom lovers, many of you most likely have a lot of amazing Doom stuff. I will never forget the first time I saw Hissy :)

http://pickuplivelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Hissy-Pixel.png

This guy has tattooed a Cacodemon!!!!
Corpse gets Cacodemon Tattoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95et9FQihIE

While this guy tattooed the Doom title logo:

Well, myself, this is all I got:

How about you guys? Do you happen to have anything Doom-related that is just freakingly cool? Or just anything cool that would be cool to see.

In time, this is the most awesome video ever. I would KILL to have one of those Doom monster miniatures:
Inside id Software
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-VF-PHMPZc

In my arms right now is an original boxed copy of Doom II autographed by Shawn Green, Adrian Carmack, Jay Wilbur, Tom Hall, and John Romero.

I don't believe you. You should, like, take a picture of yourself with the box or something.

As for myself, I have The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 on CD, two Doom shovelware discs, Chex Quest on CD if that counts, the poster that came with Ultimate Doom, and an actual movie theater poster of Doom the movie. That's sadly about all.

1ntru said:

This guy has tattooed a Cacodemon!!!!
Corpse gets Cacodemon Tattoo

Okay, I'm very anti-tattoos but if I ever got one, that's what I would get. Not that exactly, but some sort of cacodemon. I love them so much. I've made multiple cacolanterns and even a cacodemon ornament in my time.

Danarchy said:

I don't believe you. You should, like, take a picture of yourself with the box or something.

This, urgently.

My mom threw away the poster that came with Ultimate Doom when we were moving. I was like 10 years old and it made me cry. :(

I still looked around but I could never actually find a new one.

I've got most of the games aside from Doom RPG (well, I technically have that too, but my phone won't run it). I'm not really into into collecting memorabilia or anything, though. More than once, I've thought about getting a printing company to print the original game's cover art as a 1.5 metre tall poster, but I've never really bothered to follow up on it.

I did make a cacolantern myself last year, and I plan to do some more elaborate ones in the future, time permitting.

Here's the link to the pics, in case anyone is interested (though you'll have to forgive how shitty flickr's layout is):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mithrandenizen/sets/72157625285179828/

Haha nice mithran, Is one of them meant to be a pain elemental?

Is that you in the picture aswell? It's funny, I always had you down as a fat dude.

phobosdeimos1 said:

Is one of them meant to be a pain elemental?

Not really, or I would've given it some kind of rudimentary arms. The smaller ones were just done more in the style of Hissy, with simpler features and fewer horns.

Is that you in the picture aswell? It's funny, I always had you down as a fat dude.

That's not actually me in the pic, it's a friend who was helping me rig the lights and set them along the railing. I'm still not a fat guy, though. :)

Looking back, I'm a bit sad that I didn't get any good shots from behind the one cacolantern, as I spent a fair bit of effort to capture the goofy looking anus(es)/vagina(s)/whatever-the-hell-those-holes-are that visually dominate the rear sprites. There's always next Halloween, I guess.

Also, that autographed box is pretty badass.

Hehe, yeah I can't really point out which one I mean but it looks like it could be either, but there's one that looks very much like a caco from the game, they're great though nice work!

AndrewB: how the hell did you get that dude?!

Also, change the channel :P

StupidBunny said:

I own an actual cacodemon. I can't photograph it though, it will eat me if I do

You better be hugging the hell out of it.

I have Doom (and indeed Quake) for every system I own that can run it.

So that translates as:

Ultimate Doom (PC)
Doom II (PC)
Final Doom (PC)
Master Levels for Doom II (PC)
Doom 3 (PC)
Doom 3 Resurrection Of Evil (PC)
Doom (PSX)
Final Doom (PSX)
Doom 64 (N64 - obviously)
Doom (Saturn)
Doom (SNES)
Doom 3 (XBox)
Doom 3 Resurrection Of Evil (XBox)
Ultimate Doom (360)
Doom II (360)

Quake (PC)
Quake II (PC)
Quake III Arena (PC)
Quake III Team Arena (PC)
Quake 4 (PC)
Quake (Saturn)
Quake (N64)
Quake II (PSX)
Quake II (N64)
Quake III Arena (Dreamcast)
Quake III Revolution (PS2)
Quake 4 (360)
Quake Arena Arcade (360)

Unfortunately what I DON'T own is a camera :/

As Torr Samaho mentioned, check the earlier thread, I have also listed some of my doom and other game memorables there.
I forgot last time post picture of my most priced possession: Doom 2 award handed to id software. I asked few years ago from John Romero about this and he remembered it. base is walnut. Heres picture of it:

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/waffenak/?action=view¤t=DSCN0544.jpg

here are some of my newest additions to collection:

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/waffenak/?action=view¤t=DSCN0545.jpg

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc469/waffenak/?action=view¤t=DSCN0547.jpg

DuckReconMajor said:

You can smuggle the demon out of hell, but you can't hug the hell out of the demon.

Touche

DuckReconMajor said:

You wrote those, don't even lie.

It's real. It was the prize for winning a contest years ago. Linguica had one as well, I think he sold his to Dusty.

EDIT: Relevant links:

News item from 1999 about the contest

Linguica's box

I got this for Doom (And Qauke for good measure)

The Collector's Doom (PC)
Quake III Revolution (PS2)
Quake II (PSX)
Doom 3 (PC)
Doom (PSX)

Doom 3 Prima Guide (XBox)
Doom 3: Worlds on Fire
Doom (Movie)

I think that is all.

Doom: Collector's Edition CDs in case, and virtual dust-collecting XBLA port. Good enough.

I have a huge collection: Freedoom and a local mirror of the idgames FTP tree. ;)

Things were different back in the day, and I also had big collections of games, comics, books, music, etc. But now I'm a minimalist, and devoted to open/free software.

I also think more people will become this way, either by deliberate choice or because of the bad economy, draconian IP laws, erosion of middle class, etc.

My collections is pretty small, and not likely to change either.

Games:
-Doom Shareware (CD, Without box]
-Doom Shareware (Floppy, In small CD case like box]
-Doom II (in CD case, no box]
-Final Doom
-Doom Collectors Edition
-Doom 64 (without box)
-Playstation Doom
-Doom 32X (without box)
-Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil

Shovelware:
-Demon Gate
-CD Doom II Extras - Down & Dirty
-Alchemy for Doom, Doom II, Heretic, and Hexen.
-Doom2 Mania!!! Vol. #1

Other:
-The Doom Movie

The story of the hexen shirt is weird. I was very lucky: I was just browsing ebay for doom and other gaming items, typed hexen in search field and saw heretic and hexen 1 bundle. I dont know why opened the auction page because I already had hexen 1 and heretic shadow of the serpent riders big box versions. I looked the description and saw:"included shirt" there wasn't even a picture of it, just a note. I asked for pictures and when I got them I immediately used buy it now which was 45$ just for the shirt, though the heretic bix box was diffrent from which I already had, it didnt opened from top rather from side like a book.