Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dwelve

Multiple textures on 1 wall?

In doom builder 2 I would like to assign an exit door to the lower half of a wall and another to the upper.?
how do i do this? (please be specific as i am new to doom builder.)

I don't know a way to do this on a door without patches, unless you made a very thin sector infront of the door with a different upper texture,

if it's just a wall, then create a sector with a floor of the height you want the texture to split, and the celing the same height, and texture the upper and lower textures different - just like making a window but with no gap.

Dwelve said:

In doom builder 2 I would like to assign an exit door to the lower half of a wall and another to the upper.?
how do i do this? (please be specific as i am new to doom builder.)

When you say an exit door, I presume you want it to be openable (as opposed to just the texture on the wall that looks like a door but actually does nothing).

Doors can only go on the "upper" texture on the wall because doors open by essentially raising the ceiling.

Here's what I believe you want to do based on how I've read your post, please tell me if I'm wrong.

(Click on the pictures for a bigger version)

First, make the door sector, like so:

Now right click on the sector when in sectors mode (press "s") and lower the ceiling so it is the same as the floor height.

The door will stretch up to the ceiling, so if you want to make it lower down, you'll need to place a lowered ceiling in front of it using another sector, like in the first picture. Then, go into linedefs mode (press "l") and right click on the door linedef and set the correct action. You will probably want "DR Door Open" or similar.

Sorry for being super basic about it, but I'm trying not to make assumptions about how much you know about DoomBuilder.

that is helpful thanks( i will use that in the future but i was useing it as a trap (which i found out how to do) but thanks it is helpful as i needed it later in my level