Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

Acoustic Guitar + Singing Thread

I had the thought of posting this in the Instrumental music thread, however this obviously doesn't fit. I did realize that it would fit a different category that might interest other people so I figured I would see if anyone else wanted to contribute. Exactly as the title says this is a thread for sharing music made using voice(s) and a guitar (or two). I would love to hear other suggestions on songs made using just acoustic guitars and singers. For an example I have been recently listening to this song (not the greatest but I really like it) by Chevelle. I know of another song by Stevie Ray Vaughn I want to post but I need to find it first so I'm posting this one for now.

I loved this song to start with, and to have the privilege of listening to this song performed live at Sydney U2360 tour just made this song immortal for me. A brilliant song.

Although I don't hate this type of music, I find it a bit hard to find something I really like. This one is nice:

Thanks for the Neil Young. A buddy and I went to see Rust Never Sleeps (1979!?). There were only about a half dozen people in the theater so we went all the way up to the back row. After awhile we decide to fire one up to grab acouple hits since we were pretty far away from the nearest people and it was dark so ...why not? Fired it up and passed it acouple times real quick like. Suddenly, the projectionist bolts out of his booth, runs down the ramp, and out the door he goes. WTF!? Well...our dumb asses were sitting right under the projection beam and thick smoke is now billowing down the beam of light towards the screen, expanding as the beam widens. :/

Anyways...

From one of my favorite records of all time (alongside Live Stages, anyway). I don't like how it gets cut off on this video, though.

Somehow I forgot about Simon & Garfunkel who are pretty much entirely this sort of music, but also totally awesome.

That last one doesn't entirely count, but it's my favorite of theirs.

I like Miles Kennedy, great singer. Anyone can sound good in a studio, but this clip is straight live...

The entire 'Red Headed Stranger' album by Willie Nelson.

YES! Been waiting for a thread like this. Some really great acoustics here:

And you CAN'T have an acoustic thread without Nick Drake. It'd be a crime:

These are all from his Pink Moon album, which is probably his most essential recording. It's very intimate with just his sweet, warming voice and his guitar. The title track is the only track that features something other than guitar strumming and vocals. Everyone's probably at least heard From the Morning which was featured in an ad campaign recently.

Oh, and here's one more from one of my favorite albums of the year so far:

Kirby said:

I know of another song by Stevie Ray Vaughn I want to post but I need to find it first

Life by the Drop?

Going with the blues theme: