Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brewtal_Legend

Master Levels and No Rest For The Living titlepics?

Was just wondering if anyone else had thought about what a title pic might look like for the Master Levels, or No Rest For The Living if they were single commercial wads like Plutonia and TNT. Has anyone made their own title pics for them?

Here are a couple I made. Nothing fancy. Very basic.

Was also wondering what an "Ultimate Doom II" collection title pic might look like. As in Doom II, NRFTL, Master Levels, Plutonia, and Tnt all in a single package as selectable episodes. Haven't made one for that yet though. Still trying to come up with a good idea.

ANyways, just thought I would share and see if anyone else had any custom titlepics for official episodes they would like to share.

Brewtal_Legend said:

Was also wondering what an "Ultimate Doom II" collection title pic might look like.

This is probably a bit obvious, but it fits in with how they did Ultimate Doom's title screen:

I like the NRFTL one though, clean and simple.

That is cool. Nice and simple but fits.

I found this one which is basically the doom II titlepic, just nicer.

Tried using it as the titlepic in my doom2.wad, but for some reason slade wouldn't let me replace it.

Anyways, I think your idea, Mithran, would be cool with "The Ultimate" in lettering that blends a little better with the pic above.

Mithran Denizen said:

I like the NRFTL one though, clean and simple.

Thanks. It was actually harder to put together than it looks since it was done with only ms paint. Took hours to get the edges on the logo trimmed to the point where it would blend in with the background.

Awesome stuff.
The No Rest For The Living with the decayed folks is killer! The pentagran may be overstretching it a bit.

Well the graphic with the pentagram is taken right from the XBLA Doom port, so it already looks like that.

Brewtal_Legend said:

Tried using it as the titlepic in my doom2.wad, but for some reason slade wouldn't let me replace it.

If it wouldn't let you replace the old titlepic, it sounds like you were trying to modify the IWAD itself, which is generally not a good idea (and SLADE guards you from doing so). It may also have to do with the fact that the image is a JPEG, which might not be supported, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, if you want to replace stuff in your game, a cleaner method would be to autoload it in a seperate WAD or PK3 file via the .ini file's [autoload] sections, as opposed to editing doom2.wad directly.

I knocked up a Master Levels one similar to that third one years ago:

Here's another I threw together for the Lost Episodes Of Doom:

If you've played it you'll understand ;)

_bruce_ said:

Awesome stuff.
The No Rest For The Living with the decayed folks is killer! The pentagran may be overstretching it a bit.

I didn't put the pentagram in there. It is part of the pic. It is actually the intermission pic used in no rest for the living. I just added the doom II logo at the top and the nrftl tittle at the bottom.

I like the Lost Episodes titlepic. Looks cool and like it would fit in an actual release. Is that the Doom movie logo?

termrork said:

not really for a commercial wad, but one with a different monster instead of cyberdemon (and I am really proud of it, so why not sharing it with you :):

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/53724-arch-vile-jump-megawad/

Looks cool. The Doom logo and the red in the background look like they were drawn by hand. Or did you use some sort of effect?

Brewtal_Legend said:

I didn't put the pentagram in there. It is part of the pic. It is actually the intermission pic used in no rest for the living. I just added the doom II logo at the top and the nrftl tittle at the bottom.

Yeah; EE actually uses that graphic as the titlepic too, when playing NR4TL using the canonical data file, since for some odd reason they opted to remove the normal TITLEPIC lump simply because the XBLA version doesn't use it (it uses a widescreen high-resolution resource that is outside the .WAD instead)

Looks cool. The Doom logo and the red in the background look like they were drawn by hand. Or did you use some sort of effect?

thank you :D

you are write, the whole logo and almost all of the red background were drawn by my hand :), but also the yellow mist in the background were completely drawn

but I also edited with software to make it look good with the doom colors

Brewtal_Legend said:

I like the Lost Episodes titlepic. Looks cool and like it would fit in an actual release. Is that the Doom movie logo?

Yes. There's also a naff M_DOOM to match:

And one for the Master Levels:

scalliano said:

Yes. There's also a naff M_DOOM to match:

And one for the Master Levels:

Looks awesome. The lost episodes ones are my favorite. Never really liked the somewhat haphazard shape of the background for the master levels label though.

Found some more cool pics that I think would make a nice base for an ultimate doom II collection titlepic.

The last one is obviously from the Doom Movie, but I think it looks good.

Wish I could find a copy of the fourth one without the watermarks on them. Simple close up of the master levels cover, but I think it looks really nice.

As for the third pic, I have no idea where it came from but looks pretty cool. Just wish I could find a bigger, higher esolution copy of it though. I think it would make a cool intermission pic

I guess the first two are variations of the Ultimate Doom Collection
that came out.

*edit*
Here's the pic I'm using as a master levels intermission pic

Here's the m_doom I've been using. More or less the same as the original, but a little different.