Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Work in progress: Hellbrary

Yea, I am working on another map after 4 months of leaving the editor alone. It is an urban style library map with hints of hellish influence corrupting the building.

EDIT: This section has been detailed since I posted this screenshot.

I really like the way I did this outside section.

Interior #1

Interior #2

Interior #3

Screenshots above may not reflect what the final version looks like.

A lot of 90 degree angles and empty space. I've seen you do better, I'm sorry to say.

Several of the areas shown look like they might be better at a smaller scale.

I don't really care for the whole 'everything is brown' aesthetic, and these shots aren't very visually interesting, compared to some of your other maps. I guess this is probably because the areas aren't properly developed, but I think that it has to do with the large scale of the rooms, too.

The horrid amount of that hideous brick texture in shot 2 would be better broken up by some darker sections of wall or something. Shots 3 and 4 are alright though, if a bit visually repetitive, and the first shot looks like it could be interesting when the area is fully laid out.

Lacking alot of detail, the ceilings look a little bland, I hate that tan brick texture in shot 2 too, good if you like old school 94 wads in terms of detail I suppose...

I like how it looks, and especially how it will hopefully look filled wall to wall with MONSTERS

I think torches surrounded by skulls are a bit more than a "hint", though

Khorus said:

A lot of 90 degree angles and empty space. I've seen you do better, I'm sorry to say.

It is modeled (somewhat) after what a large library would look like, which naturally has a lot of 90 degree angle shots.

Mithran Denizen said:

I don't really care for the whole 'everything is brown' aesthetic, and these shots aren't very visually interesting, compared to some of your other maps. I guess this is probably because the areas aren't properly developed, but I think that it has to do with the large scale of the rooms, too.

The horrid amount of that hideous brick texture in shot 2 would be better broken up by some darker sections of wall or something. Shots 3 and 4 are alright though, if a bit visually repetitive, and the first shot looks like it could be interesting when the area is fully laid out.

BRICK12 is the texture I chose for the exterior of the Library.

There will be some MARBLE/GSTONE areas around the map in some spots, and the reason the texture choice is the same is to be consistant so it's not a jumbled mess of random textures. I might use more METAL2 and perhaps another texture or two, but maybe for the more hellish spots of the map.

This map will be linear like Nukage Dump so it doesn't feel like you need to go in one direction to go to the end.

DuckReconMajor said:

I like how it looks, and especially how it will hopefully look filled wall to wall with MONSTERS

I think torches surrounded by skulls are a bit more than a "hint", though

Don't worry, there will be plenty of monsters to kill.

Here is the second outdoor area, which I probably will make the primary courtyard between both buildings.

I'm really liking how this is looking. There's something about its simplicity in design thats really appealing to me.

There isn't that much detail in those shots, but this still seems like it'll be a fun level!

I have completed and populated the map today, I am now looking for some pre-/idgames uploading testers so if you're interested, please PM me.

The map is undergoing final tweaking and testing, so it should be uploaded in a day or two.