Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

will trekkies never die?

i don't think stunning them will do. set phasers to kill! that picture of shatner and nimoy hugging is creepy...*shudders*

is let's say a 50 year old from the future (year 2200) considered younger or older than a person that's 40 from our time?

is let's say a 50 year old from the future (year 2200) considered younger or older than a person that's 40 from our time?

Actually he's from the present. If he's from 200 years in the future, then how the hell did he get on larry king live tonight? =)

LOL You'd think that someone with several million dollars could make a website that loads in less than an eon.

Star Trek owns.

To parody Lüt, Science Fiction is the most complete form of drama on television today.

There are few TV Shows/Movies I truly hate and Star Trek is one of them. It's terrible. The acting is annoying, and the eps play out like some kid dreaming up a fucking imaginary story in his closet. I wish Star Trek would die already.

I never was interested in Star Trek, despite my enormous interest in sci-fi spaceships when I was a kid.
I dunno why.

There are few TV Shows/Movies I truly hate and Star Trek is one of them. It's terrible. The acting is annoying, and the eps play out like some kid dreaming up a fucking imaginary story in his closet. I wish Star Trek would die already.

What the Hell? I hope you mean the old Star Trek. Then I would agree, partialy.

When I was younger I was a mongo StarWars fan. Now I couldn't care less about StarWars, Star Trek, or sci-fi in general. Most Sci-fi nowadays is awfully cliched, it could use help from a good writer.

True...I can't even bring myself to watch Star Wars anymore. I guess it helps that I memorized the entire trilogy. Star Trek: TNG is cool. But I agree, 99% of sci-fi sucks. THats why I don't watch the Sci-Fi channel anymore. Unless MST3K is on...thats the best show EVER (tied with The Simpsons).

True...I can't even bring myself to watch Star Wars anymore. I guess it helps that I memorized the entire trilogy. Star Trek: TNG is cool. But I agree, 99% of sci-fi sucks. THats why I don't watch the Sci-Fi channel anymore. Unless MST3K is on...thats the best show EVER (tied with The Simpsons).

Well, it's just that when you say Science Fiction nowadays, people tend to think of Flying cars or Starship battles and whatnot. Science Fiction is just that, fiction, you can be completely original with it, and yet we're still always travelling to pluto and destroying the Zarglogian race who wants to deplete our resources.

If you'll watch AI, Speilberg's latest flick, it's pretty original when it comes to the whole 'future' thing. I thought the plot itself to the movie kind of stunk, especially towards the end, but I enjoyed how the future was portrayed.

MST3K

God I hate being in Canada. I saw the movie for MST3K and couldn't stop laughing. We don't get the Sci-Fi Channel, even on satellite. Unless you get an illegal dish... I also hate being poor.

Good, original sci-fi from the last 10 years:
-Twelve Monkeys
-Dark City
-The Fifth Element
-The Sixth Sense
-umm, I forget what else...

Huh...thats odd...3 of those movies star Bruce Wilis, and they all have a number in them. Odd.

MST3K

God I hate being in Canada. I saw the movie for MST3K and couldn't stop laughing. We don't get the Sci-Fi Channel, even on satellite. Unless you get an illegal dish... I also hate being poor.

Hey, I live in Canada, and get a shitload of channels.

I want to see the old MST3Ks...they had them on HBO, then Comedy Central a long time ago before moving them to Sci-fi. I've seen pretty much all of the newer ones. And if you ever want to see Mano: the Hands of Fate (for some sick, twisted, perverted reason), see the version they had on MST3K. Its the only way you can even bear it.

W0RD!!!

The rest of you all suck ;)

go to your local video store and rent the film "trekkies". it's a documentary about said people. you will laugh your ass off.

The original Star Trek I just tolerate, though Spock is cool. I really like ST: Deep Space Nine. Data's awesome.

Yeah, it's pretty much true, sci-fi is getting repetetive, Star trek is silly, Star wars I still like. however, personally the best sci-fi show at the moment created the following sentence: Rimmer you smeghead.
(I'll let you guess this) :D

Science Fiction on TV always suck. It's better portrayed in books.

For no fucking reason...

<Baron> <arioch> Lithium is Ralphis? -=- <Lithium> no -=- <arioch> prove it -=- <Lithium> umm I have pubes

<Baron> <Linguica> i love you mewse -=- <Linguica> er kat

<Baron> ð Tobester is back from the dead. Gone 4 hrs 41 min 59 secs -=- <Tobester> oops -=- <Tobester> I fell asleep while I was whacking

<Baron> * Dest-01 takes a whizz on macvilewhore -=- * macvilewhore goes to it

<Baron> <JFL> I'm going to eat a Japanese tonight

<Baron> <Lithium> i think i am going to have sex with a pie

<Baron> <Ralphis> i bit my brother's left testicle out -=- <Ralphis> i can still taste it

<Baron> <Linguica> yeah if i was a girl i bet i would give good head

One of the students that live in my dorm is into StarTrek, so much that he knows the classes of all the ships, the complete history, and all that other ST crap. He would strongly deny accusations that he is a "Trekkie," but in all seriousness he really is. I mean, he doesn't dress like a Federation officer and speak the Klingon language, but, come on. Too much ST knowledge is too much ST knowledge, I don't care how you put it. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if ST was actually a sci-fi show that was worthy of all that attention, but it isn't. I mean, some of it is entertaining, I'll give it that, but it gets so damn repetitive because it's always the same old thing: The Federation (Enterprise, DS-9, Voyager) encountering some new problem that threatens either itself or another race/planet/system. And who always wins? The good guys. The aliens always bother me, too. I mean, do ALL life-forms in the galaxy have to look insanely human? Take some creative initiative from StarWars or Farscape, for christ's sake. At least in those shows the aliens LOOK alien, and not like they have some twisted corrective surgery. I've heard that this lack of creativity is due to low budget, but, jesus, if ST is such a good show, why can't they get the money? Babylon 5 and Farscape seem to pull it off quite nicely, so what's the deal?