Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fernito

Problem with custom music in a WAD

First off, hi to everyone. I've been lurking the forums for a while, and this is my very first post.

Basically my problem is the following: I added some custom MIDI tracks to an Ultimate Doom WAD using WAD Mangle. I didn't like how they sounded, so I removed them, but now the original track order was altered, i.e., the E1M2 music plays when I play E1M1, E1M3 music plays when I play E1M2, and so on.

Is there a way I can restore the original music order?

Thanks in advance!

Make sure that the custom music lumps are named properly
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_music

If the order has been changed playing just the original] Ultimate Doom ( no pwad ), then the IWAD has been changed. Then the best you can do is to use a clean copy of the IWAD. Who knows what else might have been changed.

What I mean is that I removed all custom music because I liked the original music the most, but after I did so the original music order was altered.

@Duck and Kappes: I just check my WAD in WAD Mangle and nope, there's no MAPINFO lump in there.

Thanks for the Slade3 link. I didn't know of that program (I'm quite new to Doom editing).

Anyway, I just replaced the IWAD by a clean copy of it, and the problem persists :( So, it must be something in my PWAD, but what??

Thanks, it's very kind of you.

I uploaded it to my Mediafire account and sent the link to your e-mail.

UPDATE: Well, this is weird. If I take my WAD and put it in a clean folder with a copy of ZDoom and DOOM.WAD, the music will play in the correct order!! So, my only guess is that there's some kind of config file in my Doombuilder folder that is screwing it up!

Fernito said:

So, my only guess is that there's some kind of config file in my Doombuilder folder that is screwing it up!

More likely your ZDoom ini file.

GreyGhost said:

More likely your ZDoom ini file.

Yep, you're right! I removed the ZDoom.ini file and it corrected the problem! But now I have to reconfigure everything LOL... I wonder what part of it was screwing up the music order.

Thanks all for your help.