Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orbit_of_phobos

What do you think about Doom the movie?

Garbage. Zero similarity with the games outside of the title, horrible acting, pointless subplots, no Hell, forgettable music, no rocket launcher.

Deja vu thread.

It was okay at best by itself. Compared to the game, it failed. Basically what Mr. Freeze said.

Mr. Freeze said:

Garbage. Zero similarity with the games outside of the title, horrible acting, pointless subplots, no Hell, forgettable music, no rocket launcher.

Couldnt be more agree.. Doom was controversial when it got out, the movie was just another "horrormovie" (a bad one)..

I'm always amazed that people will actually choose to sit in front of [the Doom movie] and just be savaged by stuff that belittles their intelligence.

Mr. Freeze said:

Bad acting? That doesn't even begin to describe it. Between the two siblings (Reaper and whatever-her-name-was), it looked more like angry romance than a feud between brother and sister.

I think I was 13 when I saw it. I liked it and it made me interested in doom again. Without this movie I wouldn't be here. :) So I appreciate it a lot. But I'll never watch it again.

orbit_of_phobos said:

Im a little bit late, but I just saw Doom the movie, and that was the silliest movie I´ve ever seen..

What do you guys think about it?

A bunch of rich Hollywood bigwigs caught the ears of the demand for a movie based on Doom and then came up with the idea that this can roll tons of money so they shut themselves into a room and wrote a script based on their image of what the game Doom is about without taking on board any comments or influences from those people that actually have played Doom since birth and know everything about it.

Their movieproject was a success and they got their profit at the cost of that they let the entire holy Doom universe get desecrated.

That is what i feel about the movie, a complete humiliation!

I would see another try but to make a Doom movie but let the experienced Doomfans be a part of making that new movie without any influences of hollywood,profit,religious or political ideologies.

But a good film should be controversial, I would like to see a new Doom movie to be just as controversial as the first Doom game was. Why not load the moviescript with hidden anti-religious message and critique of everything that we take for granted in favor of Satanism.
That would get the Catholics and the Westboro Baptists to rage on a larger scale than the first Doom game caused for the great lulz. $$$$
But that is just a dreamscenario that will never come true cus making a movie is time/money expensive.
"Hell Lucifer"

datadanne said:

But a good film should be controversial

But that is just a dreamscenario that will never come true cus making a movie is time/money expensive.

Look no further, my good man.

Now, Doom + Uwe Boll = Doom Comic: The Movie ? :-p

That being said, I'd watch a Steven Seagal flick anyday over the Doom "movie". It's simply too 00's for its own good, if you know what I meanc.

Never actually saw the movie. I was going to but a friend of mine told me the monsters weren't from hell... which is lame.

Clonehunter said:

I wanna watch the rest of that movie now, heh heh.

It's pretty good, but like all Boll films, the pacing is terrible.

Memfis said:

I think I was 13 when I saw it. I liked it and it made me interested in doom again. Without this movie I wouldn't be here. :) So I appreciate it a lot. But I'll never watch it again.

so it has one redeeming quality.

because, if i didn't know doom and just saw the movie, it would have scared me away from the game.

I've actually never seen it in its entirety. I've pretty much only watched the first-person sequence. A friend of mine who's not near into DOOM as me watched it, and said it'd pretty much be a crime for a true DOOM fan to see it, so I never have.

If I even had half of the collection that some users around here have of Doom stuff, I know I wouldn't have a goddamn Doom movie poster.

The film was a wasted opportunity. Sad, very sad. Though, I must admit, I do occasionally go back and watch "that" 15 minute section jut for s'n'giggles...

I'm gonna copy paste Phml's reply, and just say that there were no Pinky demons since Final Doom. Makes it easier for me to sleep at night. :)

Post it.

I didn't think the movie was THAT bad. It was half-decent for a movie. However, it really had nothing to do with Doom minus the name and monster designs. A lot of the acting was bad, but there was some good acting too. Urban had his moments, and I don't think Portman's actor was too shabby either. Same with the girl and Adoti. The special effects and props and costume designs and whatnot were probably the sole best parts of the movie. I thought Stan Winston studious did a fantastic job on the Imps and Hellknights and Zombies. THe movie was profusely bloody like Doom. And the nods to Doom canon or whatever were also nice touches.

The action was kinda dull until about the last 45 minutes or so of the movie. In fact, the long wait until some action took place may of been another one of those things aimed at Aliens, along with those other scenes, which I also find to be more of nods than ripoffs as so many critics stated. Doom was originally planned as the game for Aliens, so... The FPS sequence was alright, but started kinda slow. The music was interesting during the scene, and the Pinky fight is probably one of my favorite movie fight scenes, ever. The HK fight though was a little lame.

The story had nothing to do with Doom really minus what I mentioned before along with things like UAC and BFG. Even though the BFG wasn't even a BFG really. Of course the way the weapons worked in the game I suppose may be a bit confuding for larger audiances, so they just made a big blue ball (that should've killed something). A Plasma gun also would've been nice to see. The story though really wasn't to bad though, if not a little basic. Still, that's what I have to say on that.

Seriously, compared to half of the trash I've seen, the Doom movie was pretty decent in comparison. Sure, deviating from the storyline was a mistake and the movie could have been a lot better if they stuck with the Hell plot, but saying it's one of the worst movies is just meh. Yeah, it might have been cheesy in some respects, but does that automatically mean it's not entertaining to watch? The first-person sequence had to have been the most awkward part for me, but I hear that a lot of people really loved that part.

Oh, and for the record, I watched it twice.

I really liked it, and it's among my top 100 films.

EarthQuake, yo, I watched it 3 or 4 times... AND I have it on blu-ray.