Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dr_st

You may all congratulate me! I've passed my driving test!

Yes indeed. Just yesterday.

I'm not particularly talented in driving, so I could only pass the test on the second attempt. But it is still less attempts than the average here which is 3 to 5. I'm very pleased, because after completing the track I believed I had failed, because there was a moment where the tester slightly pressed the brake pedal, which usually leads to failure. But I guess the overall impression was good, and so I will be getting my license next week.

See you the next time I will ask for congrats: When I will have beaten Final DOOM Plutonia. I'm in MAP14 already!

Congrats Mr. Sorcerer-on-vacation.
I too had to go through a test twice to get my driver's license, but in my case it was the theoretical test, which I failed - the practical test (where you actually drive the car with a guy next to you) went smoothly.

Shit, I failed my test the first run through. Out of nowhere the bitch handed me her cellphone and told me to call my grandma. So I did. While I was doing that she told me to turn on the radio and flip a few stations. So I did that. No problem.

What was a problem was the new fucking overpass they were putting in, and the new stopsign about three inches off the ground sitting between two sandbags. I didn't see the fucker and glid through. Instant fail. Godammit. That sucked. =(

Shit, I failed my test the first run through. Out of nowhere the bitch handed me her cellphone and told me to call my grandma. So I did. While I was doing that she told me to turn on the radio and flip a few stations. So I did that. No problem.

What was a problem was the new fucking overpass they were putting in, and the new stopsign about three inches off the ground sitting between two sandbags. I didn't see the fucker and glid through. Instant fail. Godammit. That sucked. =(

Something similar happened to my partner yesterday (practical tests are usually took in pairs, and we switch in the middle). I went first, he went second. I passed, he failed. It seems that he drove a bit over a stopline at one point, and then he exceeded the city speed limit by 10kmh at another point.

Is using the cellphone and radio part of the practical test where you live? Here, I have no doubt that if I mess too much with the radio or even so much touch a cellphone while driving, I get an instant fail.

I didn't have to use a cellphone or a radio - just drive at or below speedlimit, follow the rules and avoid running over someone - no problemo.

I failed my first driving test miserably. We do closed-course testing in Utah because the roads are awful. But on the course, I rolled through three stop signs, got hit by a train, failed the U-turn on the four-lane road (remember: inside to outside), and couldn't parallel-park my mom's Park Avenue worth shit.

The second time I took the test, I did almost perfectly. And I passed the parallel parking test... in my dad's Sierra. :)

My test lasted only the usual hour, but it felt like a lifetime. I was concentrating so hard on not fucking up, I nearly enetered a box junction when my exit was blocked but I pulled the brakes on pretty hard. I got 6 minors, but no major faults so I passed, first time as well.

I was too exhausted after to celebrate, heh, I just went for a sleep and woke up at 6pm and went out then.

On my test I nearly ran the guy over that had to walk in front with a red flag

ROFL...am I the only one who gets this joke?

Anyway, I still have yet to take my driver's test. I have to wait until my mom gets a job. I havn't so much as sat behind the wheel of a car before, so I dunno if its gonna a very pleasurable experience. My friend recently got his liscence, and he had Congestion Potential circled several times on his actual course test.

On my test I nearly ran the guy over that had to walk in front with a red flag

ROFL...am I the only one who gets this joke?

no, I get it, you don't.

Britain is so fucking backward we STILL have the same system.. :P

You may all congratulate me! I've passed my driver's test!

Dear God......I'm staying off the roads from now on..:) Just kidding. Congratulations.

I think that was a trick. You should have said: "No. I'm sorry but it's irresponsible and unsafe to mess about with cell phones and radios while driving. Both hands need to be on the steering wheel (except when changing gears) so fuck off." :P

Why the hell does it take people so many tries to pass? I passed flawlessy on the first attempt. Maybe driving just comes naturally to me. I should instigate a high-speed chase just to test myself...

Why the hell does it take people so many tries to pass? I passed flawlessy on the first attempt. Maybe driving just comes naturally to me. I should instigate a high-speed chase just to test myself...

Heh, you do that...

My mum/mom (however you choose to spell it) won't let me drive their car becuase they are afraid it is too powerful or some crap. Sick of it.

On the other hand, their car is pretty unlucky. It has been in three accidents. Those bastards at the insurance company won't write it off...that thing is a death trap...

I passed my test last month and the dumb redhead bitch gave me nine errors (15 is allowed). Little pussy errors too. "Traffic Check" "Unnecessary Stop" (shit, I'm only making the stops that other idiots on the road fail to make :P ). I had one "major" error when I came to this two a four way stop where my road didn't have a stop sign but I stopped anyway, and when I finally decided to go oncoming traffic was, well, oncoming.

My friend recently got his liscence, and he had Congestion Potential circled several times on his actual course test.

Heh...how ironic...he was on the front page of the local paper, in a picture arguing for a parking spot at the school court.

Heh...how ironic...he was on the front page of the local paper, in a picture arguing for a parking spot at the school court.

You have a school court? Where they actually listen to your complaints? Back in my HS, when we bitched about parking, we were told to STFU and not shame the school any more. The neighbors didn't like us.

My mum/mom (however you choose to spell it)

Mom.

I passed but the instructor was retarded, like stopping so you could still see the white line an shit. I almost had to smack him a few times for being an idiot but I still passed, so he survived.

That and I almost killed 3 people during the test.

You have a school court? Where they actually listen to your complaints? Back in my HS, when we bitched about parking, we were told to STFU and not shame the school any more. The neighbors didn't like us.

Heh...they still basicaly tell you to STFU, but at least they make it LOOK fair. Once, this guy I know got a parking ticket for no reason from the school. He went to the teacher-person who is in charge of that stuff, and she told him that they recognised there was an error, but they couldn't do anything about it. So now he has a parking warning on his record. >:P

I passed my test last month and the dumb redhead bitch gave me nine errors (15 is allowed). Little pussy errors too. "Traffic Check" "Unnecessary Stop" (shit, I'm only making the stops that other idiots on the road fail to make :P ). I had one "major" error when I came to this two a four way stop where my road didn't have a stop sign but I stopped anyway, and when I finally decided to go oncoming traffic was, well, oncoming.

Bah, 15 errors?! Here, this one "major" error would be enough to fail. Not checking traffic when there was one would definitely fail you, and if you are lucky and there was no traffic at the time you failed to check it, you just might pass.

What age do you have to be, to be able to drive? In the USA?

Here (in australia (well in my state anyways (queensland))), you have to be 16 years 6 months, for your learner's, and 17 years for your provisional.

In Washington sate, you have to be 15 1/2 for your Learners. Then when you hit 16, you can get you liscence, but they fucked with the laws recently so that its basicaly useless until you're 18. That's one of the many reasons I havn't gotten a liscence yet.