Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Final DOOM demos [-complevel 4]

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Here's a plutonia run which I done 3 weeks ago.

Plutonia Experiment map21 - Slayer(UV Max) by 2:40. Credits goes to stx-vile for the route

One sergeant is alive at the exit time.

vdgg said:

Evilution MAP17 UV Max in 3:13. New route/tactics - hopefully someone will record a better one based on my planning...

i just watched your demo and phml's above and you beat his time, although he seems faster (he dodges more). i guess it's because you use the bfg on the demons and the arch-vile gets killed in infighting, very interesting.

j4rio said:

plutonia map 25 max 4:16

j4rio said:

plutonia map 28 max 5:51

Great! You should try breaking some Doom2 max records :)

How about plutonia map 26? Anders Johnsen said that this map is cursed. It's been almost 13 years since then. Come on, something must be done about it. :)

To be honest, after a while of suffering in doom2 played via dosbox, I have no real desire to record on iwads. It's just different. Final doom being the exception, but still it's just a route or improvability showcase to current c-n-ers rather than serious record beating.

I'm sure you guys could record some stuff as well, whether you take it competitively or not.

blob1024 said:

TNT.wad | evilution
map15 uv-max 03:13*

stupid caco. Worth watching I hope :)

That was a very cool demo, definitely worth watching!

Yeah, while most of the Doom and Doom 2 records are amazingly optimized, a lot of TNT and Plutonia records are lousy and beatable. They don't get the proper speedrunning attention for some reason I can't tell.

dont really like all TNT maps neither somehow, but the strange ting is that the wad actually has over 1k demo entries. the most played after doom and doom2

blob1024 said:

TNT.wad | evilution
map15 uv-max 03:13*

stupid caco. Worth watching I hope :)

Nice demo but what's with the .txt file?
Comment wrote on two lines so it's annoying to scroll the bar like 5 meters :D

TNT.wad | evilution
map23 uv-max 03:12*

unless somebody else will do before me, I'll play those under doom2.exe in future for sure. I'm just super lazy playing doom lately, and Im clueless about dosbox in&outs yet (mounting drive, commands etc zZz)
additionally I'm quite more confident for my patience is best to have already played "reasonably enough" on levels I may repeat without HUD

edit: is just my impression, or lost souls under complevel4 are utterly more annoying than usual?

ev23-312.zip

nvm my statement in the txt made now a 03:09 and lost 6s for elevator and some unlucky hits. sub3 can be reached.
edit: 03:03

blob1024 said:

TNT.wad | evilution
map15 uv-max 3:13*
map23 uv-max 03:03*

Great demos, done with a hardworked, scientific approach. Keep it up!

BTW, this autumn I also rewatched Radek's EV23-331 several times, and also noticed that its margin for optimization is huge. Nice to see a much faster demo.

And even from the original game UV Max records, some are similarly very easy to improve, especially the ones done before 2002 (like E3M5-308 or LV13-509).

thanks Artem :)
and will have a look to those too maybe. Currently trying to improve my record on ev17, I feel I can cut some more seconds and since it's weekend.. Ill give it a go
for sure I'll play "pl12" Speed, after Rapidity, i'd like to try recording something there too.

what about you, recording something highly time-consuming or on a small break?

blob1024 said:

for sure I'll play "pl12" Speed, after Rapidity, i'd like to try recording something there too.

Good luck with a new record on "Speed"! Anders' 4:55 is one of his early, sub-standard demos, and it can be improved by more than a minute.

what about you, recording something highly time-consuming or on a small break?

I'm going to finish my 100th demo (MM2 MAP28 improved UV Max). During the last few weeks I was still practising the run and polishing my strategy/reflexes for it. Now I became more free, and I'm starting the actual recording sessions. Today I feel that my old time (12:28) is way, way too slow, especially since my new route is far superior (both in speed and reliability) to my old one :-)

Tnt has always been neglected and vast majority of demos are improvable (not even one max from vile nor johnsen).

Hmm, how about modern tnt uvmax demopack?

j4rio said:

Hmm, how about modern tnt uvmax demopack?

IMHO it's better to do a modern demopack for both halves of Final Doom, as the existing Plutonia records also provide huge freedom for improvement. The Plutonia demopack (done by the strongest players of 1998) was revolutionary for its time, and a few of the records in it are great even for today's standard (such as Adam's PL18-134), but even they have enough margin for some decent improvements. Same for Vile's superb Plutonia maxes.

Well, I'd like the idea if plutonia wasn't in hyper-optimised state almost whole already. With tnt, you get fastest c-n demos that are described by authors in description as "crap". Much tnt stuff could be improved by minutes.

Modern-class perfectionists (like Looper, Qaatar, Kimo Xvirus etc.) certainly can bring the whole table to an even more "hyper-optimized" state :--)

1ntru said:

TNT MAP29 UV-Max in 6:56

This wasn't exactly easy to get. Nevertheless, it simply crushes the Compet-N record.

nice, map29 was one of the levels I had intention to play, because it was among the ones obviously improvable :)

-

SAV88 said:

Modern-class perfectionists (like Looper, Qaatar, Kimo Xvirus, SAV88 etc.) certainly can bring the whole table to an even more "hyper-optimized" state :--)

fixed ;p
btw Kimo quitted some time ago sadly :\ and I hear nothing from qaatar neither