Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VinceDSS

Final DOOM demos [-complevel 4]

Final Doom: TNT
Map 31 UV-Fast in 6:59

I'm also sitting on a map 32 UV-fast record that is 1 min faster than previous. It's something that I would like to improve on within the next week. Im curious if that is something other members would just post or if they would wait until they have a demo they are completely satisfied with?

ef31-659.zip

PjSpartacus said:

I'm also sitting on a map 32 UV-fast record that is 1 min faster than previous. It's something that I would like to improve on within the next week. Im curious if that is something other members would just post or if they would wait until they have a demo they are completely satisfied with?

Unless I do not like the run, I will generally keep runs on my hard drive for as long as necessary until I'm happy with the time.

PjSpartacus said:

Im curious if that is something other members would just post or if they would wait until they have a demo they are completely satisfied with?

I am never satisfied with my demos, but I usually go for 3-4 exits and post the fastest if the map is short and easy.

Plutonia map 24 tyson in 41:29.

This was an intensive thriller. A murder mystery.

What next?

Edit: All my 43 failed attempts are available at the failed demos thread.

pt244129.zip

j4rio said:

tyson of the millenium

Hah, thanks. That's what I think every time I see a new tyson by you, Xit, z0diac, vdgg, Cyberdemon531 and others... It is always a big surprise.

Map 28 is the easiest of the remaining Plutonia tysons. You can harvest 200-300 extra bullets from the chaingunners by abusing the fast door in the yellow key area. There are very good infight possibilities everywhere, but some mancubi and barons need to be punched, which is the hardest part. Estimated completion time: 2 hours. But... but... I can't do this, because of my punching skills... :'(

Map 29 is about as hard as 28, but doesn't require insane punching skills, so it should be doable even by mediocre doomers who understand the game. You can distract the cyber with pistol when he is attacked by revenants and cacos. This way cyber gets killed effectively and hopefully we have some wandering monsters left to infight the unreachable ledge monsters. The ledge monsters are the biggest problem, because we run out of bullets. Some bullet harvesting can be done with the arch-vile and chaingunners, which helps a lot. There's probably more to be discovered. There are often some undiscovered details that make the seemingly impossible map doable...

Map 12 seems impossible at the moment. Same for maps 30 and 32.

So, who's gonna do 28 and 29? Who is insane enough?

Aqfaq said:

Plutonia map 24 tyson in 41:29.

Haha, wow. Infighting: the feature film. Great job.

Cyberdemon531 said:

I'd try 28 at some point probably

Cool. The arachnotrons need to kill as many mancubi as possible in the blue key area. It is important to stun the mancubi with pistol to help the arachnotrons. Maybe it is best to do that part first and restart if arachnotrons die too soon? The other areas are easier. Like, the tower arch-vile can be easily killed by hell knights and the ledge revenants can be punched. I have no idea how to do the red key area safely. If it is too hard, maybe do the red key area first? The yellow key area seems the easiest as long as it is practiced and planned well beforehand, so maybe do that area last?

Aqfaq said:

So, who's gonna do 28? Who is insane enough?

Well, it turned out to be actually doable. Looking back on it, I really want time I wasted with it back. By far hardest tyson I've ever bothered with.

pt28-8814.zip

j4rio said:

pt28-8814.zip

This is a chainsaw symphony. The main theme is j4rio van Beethoven's "Chainsaw as a Sniper Papercut Device" in D minor. The mosh pit is imminent. j4rio is a shark that circles around a shoal of Hell Fish, delivering tiny paper cuts until everyone dies. I didn't expect it to be like it is, but it do. In Hell, j4rio tortures demons.

j4rio said:

plutonia map 29 tyson

My favorite tyson run. It has the best sheep herding ever. It has wandering monsters that occasionally ambush the superhumanly arrogant doomguy. It has giggling cacos. It has some unnerving arch-vile moments. It has projectiles that disappear in thin air. It also has a few grams of intense punching that you should not try at home.

Hah, the last ledge mancubus can hit the cyber, if you go to the back alley in the southeast corner of the map. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier. It would have been an easy way to save some bullets. Most of your other ideas were much better than what I had planned, though, so no worries. Herding the sheep knights was hilariously clever.

That's bananas.

Edit: the only thing that looked odd to me is that you didn't use the baron behind the blue key door for the two revenants, which would have freed more cacodemons to take out other ledge monsters.

Aqfaq said:

Hah, the last ledge mancubus can hit the cyber, if you go to the back alley in the southeast corner of the map. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier. It would have been an easy way to save some bullets. Most of your other ideas were much better than what I had planned, though, so no worries. Herding the sheep knights was hilariously clever.

I was about to do it at around 108 minutes in, but I figured I'll take out the sniping chainer first, then I noticed the ammo surplus there and just pistoled everything.

Fredrik said:

the only thing that looked odd to me is that you didn't use the baron behind the blue key door for the two revenants, which would have freed more cacodemons to take out other ledge monsters.

That was unintended, pain elemental kept camping around them and taking them out was primary priority at that point. I actually tried to make one caco that was angry with rev to be again angry with me so they won't infight.

Okay j4rio, we will accept your explanations this time.

Should we compete, who gets most kills on map 12? I bet nobody can ever kill the cyber. I would be glad to be proven wrong, though.

I think tysoning map 12 is possible, if you do maps 1-11 first. That way you can start map 12 with 400 bullets.

Well, I have an attempt lying on my HD where I died with 4 monsters left, none of which was cyberdemon. I'm thinking of burning that demo to a dvd and then smashing it with a sledgehammer.

j4rio said:

4 monsters left

Wow. Your sledgehammer will probably break from the force of the demo. Could you post it to the failed demos thread?

Maybe we should have a 50/50 thread where we randomly post successful/failed demos, so that the viewer does not know the outcome beforehand?

Aqfaq said:

Wow. Your sledgehammer will probably break from the force of the demo. Could you post it to the failed demos thread?

Maybe we should have a 50/50 thread where we randomly post successful/failed demos, so that the viewer does not know the outcome beforehand?

Yes! Amazing idea.

Aqfaq said:

I will if I get burnt out and ragequit it.