Final DOOM demos [-complevel 4]

Gurlugon said:

Also, for some reason, the chainsaw makes this stupid easy to do. I guess because it pulls you in closer or something?

There actually was a thread about this, and from what I understand the conclusion was that the chainsaw shouldn't have such effects...

I really don't know for sure, man. I can't argue for it with too much conviction as I really don't know a ton about engine stuff, that's for better minds than me to figure out.

All I can say is I saw a huge increase in success rate when using the chainsaw. I experimented with all different angles using the SSG, but the chainsaw was consistently giving me the best results.

Plutonia Map01 UV Max/Reality:

pl01y329.zip

I don't know where to put that "y", so correct me if I'm wrong. Harder than I thought. Just want to do something and post something... Video here.

Plutonia Map02 UV Max/Reality:

pl02y351.zip

Kind of slow due to the last part. It's sort of unlucky that there's not much infighting going on, or it can be quicker. Video here.

Edited by GarrettChan
4 people like this

Plutonia Map05 UV Max/Reality

pl05y1103.zip

I accidentally picked up that box of shells at the beginning... so funny things happened, and I don't really like this run, but I don't even know how can I do it again? Video here.

Plutonia Map06 UV Max/Reality

pl06y531.zip

Compared to Map05, this is so relaxing... Video here.

Edited by GarrettChan
3 people like this

PL05 reality is mega cool too see, even though the run didn't meet your quality control requirements :) Very surprising it was possible.

PL01 I finished it a few years ago, but with a time of seven minutes something... so your time is pretty good for reality.

1 person likes this

TNT evilution uv-speed d2all in 38:58

Don't mind me, just exposing yet another one of my 2 year old lies which was that I would never do this category again. With some effort this could probably be at least 2 minutes faster.

youtube (will be up in about 2 hours):

30ev3858.zip

9 people like this

Map 20: The second worst level in the iwads.

Map 21: Worst level in the iwads. Completely missed that first key, just awful.

Map 22: Maybe this map is even worse, I don't know, haven't played it.