Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eugene

Memento Mori II demos [-complevel 2]

SAV88 said:

Well, here is the most satisfying demo of my first 7 years of speedrunning.

LMP entry #100, Memento Mori II MAP28 UV Max in 9:57.

just wow, wow, wow :)
thats dedication to a map indeed
weeks and weeks of long doom sessions.. I only had (even if way smaller in comparison) similar patience for a couple maps. great job Artem and thanks for such a precious jewel in the archive eheh

SAV said :"EVERY level in MM2 can be humanly maxed in under 10 minutes", so, i am doing some of them
map27 max in 7:57
is 100% secrets possible?, i watched demos of this map and all have 7/8 secrets

m227-757.zip

Ancalagon said:

is 100% secrets possible?, i watched demos of this map and all have 7/8 secrets

Nope. 87% Secrets, or 7/8 secrets, is the maximum because one secret (sector 609 to be precise) is too small for the player to reach (the center of the player Thing must touch the floor of the sector for it to register.)

(I will comment on the demo after watching it.)

EDIT (3:13 PM PST): Great work! This looks very optimized. It has to be, anyhow, to outclass the fastest Compet-n submission by two minutes and 24 seconds. Nice to have a sub-10-minute record for this one.

That's a nice looking time for map28, I'll watch that at some point.

Ancalagon said:

SAV said :"EVERY level in MM2 can be humanly maxed in under 10 minutes", so, i am doing some of them

Do map21 please! :)

map14 max in 7:48
my target was beat the tas demo, but after some hours of failed attemts and some 7:2x demos failed in the last room or missed monsters, i decided to post this :(, after all, i am doing this to push all mm2 to under 10 mins,
i got 7:48 twice, this is the 1st one.

m214-748.zip

map21 max in 9:58
yay, this took more time than i thought at start, my 1st exit was 10:38, but then i got 10:11, 10:20, 10:24...
speed up the 2x cyber part, it's boring
i'll continue doing these maxes later, now i have to work on tnt demopack

m221-958.zip

got 8:16 in map29 max, but at the end it accidentaly changes to map30, idk if it's valid, but it's all my mouse's fault, i do one click but it does 2...
If it is not valid, includes a bad (ugly mistakes) 8:24 but without the mistake at end

m229-816.zip

Accidentally starting the next map doesn't invalidate a demo. I don't see why it should, and don't recall any suggestion before that it should.

I don't think it should. On a similar note, partial movie runs were allowed at Compet-N if no prior record existed (for second or third place in some cases), even if you continued into the next map and died somehow.

There's a precedent in allowing demos that don't stop at the intermission screen but instead start the next level. Sedlo did this in his lv07, and there are others as well.

Akse said:

Why not cut it in doom replay editor?

or any hex editor. just go to the end of the file (above footer) and delete the last segment of octets starting with 02 (use). this could be viewed as demo tampering/building, but i remember doing this for someone (tatsurd?) who skipped intermission too fast.

Ancalagon said:

map14 max in 7:48
map21 max in 9:58
map29 max in 8:16

Thanks for your outstanding work! I rarely saw such a daring timehunt on long complex levels. Good luck in breaking the remaining overlong MM2 Max records :-)

Also, I want to show you some strategic methods which allowed me to bring the MAP29 time down some more.

MAP29 UV Max in 6:55.

m229-655.zip

My interest is get the maps to under 10 mins, not spend a lot of time improving routes and get a good demo, nice to see someone is doing that

Now, five are remaining. A time under 10 minutes would be good on MAP23 and MAP25. On levels 9, 22 and especially 19, it would be very good.

Map25 max in 10:06 (PrBoom+ 2.5.1.1)

Well just sharing some progress. The main problem is I don't get many exits at all. Here I should've died as well, after an impeccable cyber battle I almost got a heart attack thanks to a baron behind the yellow door. 39 unused cells at the end (oops). Most probably should've killed the second arch-vile with plasma/BFG.

Please ignore this with DSDA update for the time being.

m2251006.zip

Ancalagon said:

4 maps remaining

2 lazy to check with the zZzzZzz split-by-lvl update for MM2 wad in the DSDA. which maps are still above 10min beside map25? just curious now

blob1024 said:

which maps are still above 10min beside map25? just curious now

MAP09 -- 11:35, MAP22 -- 12:59, and MAP19 (one of two longest levels in the wad) -- 15:31.

btw vdgg, its 251/252 kills if im right
you may wish to spot the missing monster (unless I saw it wrong?) before polishing the run and get the 10min barrier broken

blob, PLEASE
go to http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/58560-compet-n-incoming-results/
Download the file at the bottom
You'll get the list of the records (something you were looking for) AND some info about the levels.
This map has 251/252 as maximum. One imp is used only for triggering a floor to drop just right after the cyber. It is located in a monster closet and is unreachable.
Thanks for showing interest in this great map.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Memento Mori 2 Map06 Max 8:49

DSDA record is 7:48 by Zahid.

No, your 8:49 is a record (unlike the 5:44 for your antifavorite map). You accidentally copied that row from your C423-742 textfile :-)