Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eugene

Memento Mori II demos [-complevel 2]

I am trying to get map 6 done on nightmare, but it's insanely hard.
I only post this demo because I think I have found a new trick, the torch jump, which can save your ass from the chaingunner/spectre trap.
It's quite useful when playing on nightmare or with fastmonsters.

m206jump.zip

I remember there was some interest in such demos. How to get stuck on map13 in 7-8 seconds. Discovered while casually replaying random mm2 maps.

m213stck.zip

The window jump has not been foreseen by the mapper, so this is not a real bug. A similar teleport-stuck situation which I would call critical is on MAP16, there's a demo on wiki by TheGreenHerring.

Well, both cases could be described as the player acting too smart and then paying the price. Just like how you punished that cacodemon for performing a glide on map12. I guess the map16 one is more likely to happen to an unprepared doomer though. And when you perform the map13 jump you know that most likely you aren't supposed to do that.

Cyberdemon531 said:

MAP11 UV Speed in 1:49
"I still get the megasphere, as I believe this isn't humanly possible without it."

I think Xit Vono didn't take it in his run (whether it was intentional or by mistake - forgetting teleporting sequence -, it's another story)

Hi folka, I see people have been doing some runs on this megawad, so I'm curious what remaining maps can be done on nightmare. The remaining maps are 10, 19, 22, 25, 28, 29. I've been working on map10, and believe it to be quite manageable. Map19 seemed possible, as did 25. SAV88 believes map28 to be possible. I suppose I should check out the skill 3 respawn on map29 that was done for research purposes.

m229 respawn is quite interesting in itself, and quite different from nm. I believe a few secrets are completely useless for nm. Here's two examples of my failed m229 respawn runs done in January (recorded with Doom2 1.9, this time on UV):

m229rfail.zip

xit-vono said:

I'm curious what remaining maps can be done on nightmare. The remaining maps are 10, 19, 22, 25, 28, 29. I've been working on map10, and believe it to be quite manageable. Map19 seemed possible, as did 25. SAV88 believes map28 to be possible. I suppose I should check out the skill 3 respawn on map29 that was done for research purposes.

Map22 looks doable too, here is an attempt that got far (past pinkies)

m222n;(.zip

^
Awesome, mega fun to watch, you were "supposed" to die much earlier many times...

you mentioned a meticulous study in DB2 in your uv-speed to build your strategy for pinkies + vile area, do you think there is a safer way to do it in nm?

Great job, Ancalagon! IMO a direct rush through the pink army (with carefully planned BFG shots) is much easier. Here I showcase it with "-recordfromto m222n;( m222rush -skipsec 589".

m222rush.zip

Keep it up! UV-Speed more easily i guess.
Damn. I bet you was ready blow up that F***in door in Map07. I was lucky even there :)