Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eugene

Memento Mori II demos [-complevel 2]

Aqfaq said:

Map 10 Tyson in 56:31.

Can't believe you survived the ending. With wasted rad suit and without realizing there is a blue armor in the central slime waterfall. Excellent!

vdgg said:

blue armor

Haha, that's the best secret I've ever missed! This is so funny!

Bloodite Krypto said:

Uhh can't you use Competition Doom for COMPET-N?

Well I ain't been around in forever, but AFAIK you can only use cndoom for the new 'cndoom' tables, real COMPET-N still has to be original .exe. I might've missed something. I don't mind playing the original exe anyway.

cyberdemon: I put 2:19 in the compet-n thread 5 hours before your 2:20, sorry :P hey, it's just like old times!

j4rio: gee, this thread is just piling the praise on me huh?

AdamW said:

cyberdemon: I put 2:19 in the compet-n thread 5 hours before your 2:20, sorry :P

Yesssss... nothing like denying a 1s beater by a preemptive 1s beater.

hey ryback!

cyberdemon: shitty 2:16 in the compet-n thread. edit: now somewhat less shitty 2:14.

Cyberdemon531 said:

2:11

Nice - you can keep it, I guess. I just don't enjoy doing 2+ minute 'everything has to go perfect' runs any more, I'm too old...

Should be possible to run 2:08 or so on that route with perfect monsters (and go the short way from yellow key - turn around and run straight back out). You can skip SSG (it's possible to run basically the same route with SG, just takes a bit more luck) for 1-2 secs, and skip soulsphere for 2-3 if you get extremely lucky. If you want to get crazy you could try skipping SSG *and* soulsphere *and* doing that annoying lift trick, but I got better things to do with my weekend I guess :P

map 15 tyson

The master should be happy, I have stooped down to his door abusing level. One quarter of the demo is just me opening and closing one door. Also features a CacoSquish-O-Matic © with all copyrights reserved to Capellan. If I didn't use hud, I would have probably exited with last 2 monsters alive, one sarge got stuck on doortracks and one caco in some claustrophobic chute, neither of which has ever happenned before.

m215t8742.zip

MAP02 NM-Speed in 51 seconds

The chaingun is useless, so there's no reason to get it other than doing NM100, and I chose to go fast. Decent run, and the ending was cool, but can be faster if you want it to. Ok bye.

mm202nm51.zip

MAP01 Tyson in 4:29

Chaingunners killing the imps at the start would be nice, but it never really happens the way you'd like it to. The demons at the end can be a little spooky, especially when you're trying to rush since it's almost over. Fun tyson, though. Difficulty was pretty easy, and only took me a few attempts to get this time. Other exit was a 4:39, but that didn't beat Radek Pecka's run from 2002 :)

mm201tyson429.zip

MAP02 Tyson in 2:37

This map took a lot longer than I anticipated, I got a pretty bad exit before developing better strategies, and since then I figured that telefrags in the demon courtyard work pretty well in conserving ammunition and also going fast. Let me walk through this map real quick. The starting room is easy, the two imps are annoying, but I faceplant 'em since it's the start so who cares. (Note: I should add a question mark there, but I figure that denotes too much emotion for the statement) The room with three shotgunners and imp sucks, but it's not too bad. The next room sucks as well, I failed the easy jump in the exit I get that is faster than Radek Pecka 2:53 from 2002, which is all I care about. Anyway, yeah, that sucks. The imps I dodge to bring them in the previously mentioned demon area to fester along with the demons while I attempt to telefrag. The yellow key area killed me a lot, usually due to lack of ammo and wanting to save for the end. The last area is scary as hell, and I probably should have died, but I got lucky so hell yeah. Why did I write a novel about a shitty tyson no one will watch? Ok, I am uploading this now.

mm202tyson237.zip

MAP01 UV -Fast in 1:22

Stand in front of the shotgunner, he dies, get shotgun, hope enemies line up, hope you one shot imps, hope you one shot chaingunners, stand in front of imps so shotgunners infight, use chaingun, use shotgun for secret, use it in the next room again for whatever reason, use chaingun on demons, don't die by that fucker on the raised platform (the chaingunner), get the secret, hope they line up, open yellow door around 1:00 (if higher you fucking suck, just stop playing), hope you one shot imps, get the last secret, hope you don't get absolutely owned, kill the last few guys, hope you one shot that chaingunner, because if you don't you'll really wanna wish you did and then get an awful time that someone can beat if they want to grind for a bit of extra luck. Anyway, I win.

Note: I am posting my .txt files here because I figure people might not want to download the demo and/or read the file so I find it to be more convenient, feel free to tell me to stop if you think it's annoying.

Note: I am doing demos again so table-filler status is officially re-engaged.

mm201fast122.zip