Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

E1M9 Reality! in 0:58.97 (no previous record)

Demo: e1m9real058.zip
Video: 

Despite being very difficult, this was quite a fun map to run on reality. The beginning is an RNG grind for sure - getting past the 3 hitscanners on the right without getting hit is a low chance event, that required a lot of 5-second resets; which honestly isn't all that bad. After that, the map becomes easier and the strategy consists of shooting all the hitscanners and ignoring everything else. With some more luck and fewer mistakes, I'm confident that a time of 0m54 is possible.

Here it is, Doom Episode 2 UV-Respawn movie in 32:42. This one took a while to complete, the difficulty really spikes in this episode compared to episode 1 in this category. I can see why most runners only do ILs for UV-Respawn. ITS HARD!! I honestly have no idea how Im going to do episode 4 in this category as a movie. But Episode 3 is next up. Making the youtube version right now.

E2-r-3242.zip

Edited by CWP24 : added the source port i used and compatibility mode for demo playback, forgot to include it previously

On 6/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, CWP24 said:

I did a Episode 1 UV Respawn run in 28:12. This is my first time recording and posting a demo to the forums. I had fun doing this, it was a fun challenge. I hope more people try this category out, this category doesnt get enough love.

2 hours ago, CWP24 said:

Here it is, Doom Episode 2 UV-Respawn movie in 32:42. This one took a while to complete, the difficulty really spikes in this episode compared to episode 1 in this category. I can see why most runners only do ILs for UV-Respawn. ITS HARD!! I honestly have no idea how Im going to do episode 4 in this category as a movie. But Episode 3 is next up. Making the youtube version right now.

E2-r-3242.zip

Nice, looking forward to seeing more! There are two other Episode 1 UV-Respawn demos I'm aware of, one of which is my own (which I posted in another thread), and both of which are pretty recent so they're not on DSDA yet. Yours is faster than those, so maybe I need to revisit this category. :)

5 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Nice, looking forward to seeing more! There are two other Episode 1 UV-Respawn demos I'm aware of, one of which is my own (which I posted in another thread), and both of which are pretty recent so they're not on DSDA yet. Yours is faster than those, so maybe I need to revisit this category. :)

Oh nice! Glad to hear it! Ill be sure to see those. Im currently uploading the video of my run to youtube right now.

3 hours ago, CWP24 said:

E2-r-3242.zip

I decided to take a break from doing UV-Respawn and collector to do a Non-standard category for a change. This is UV-Shotgunner, Exit with all monsters dead using only the shotgun and berserk fist only when completely out of shotgun ammo. Essentially a Shotgun variation of UV-Tyson. Done in 31:50

E1SGT-3150.zip

Edited by CWP24 : Forgot to include the source port used. Its in the text file now.

I decided to take a break from doing UV-Respawn and collector to do a Non-standard category for a change

...when do we tell them

Edited by ‹rd›

E4M1 UV Fast in 2:13.17 (was 2:23.29 by Xit Vono, 2013)

Demo: f4m1-213.zip
Video: 

Thanks @NightTerror for the route idea of going head-first to the secret as soon as the map starts. It's risky but it saves some time, and if done properly the risk can be minimized. The "proper" way to do it is to use the shotgun pickup to switch to the fists, and then use the rocket launcher pickup to switch to the shotgun, so that when you come out of the teleporter you can instantly take a shot and whatever is in front of you.

This is a reupload of my Episode 1 collector ILs as I forgot to include the sourceport. Thanks @Coincident for the heads up. Currently working on fixing this with my Episode 2 ILs. 

e1m1col17.zip

e1m2col109.zip

e1m3col106.zip

e1m3scol103.zip

e1m4col31.zip

e1m5col106.zip

e1m6col139.zip

e1m7col126.zip

e1m9col101.zip

Edited by CWP24 : Corrected the file names

1 hour ago, Bluesun28 said:

Doom E1M1 11s

I'm not sure how to get a more exact time.

DoomE1M1.zip

Hello and welcome to the forums.
Please post that demo in the Personal Best Demo Thread - that's the correct place to upload demos that do not break the WRs.
Also, please include the full version of Crispy Doom that you used in your text file (for example "Exe: Crispy Doom v5.8.0")
Thank you.

E3M2 UV Max in 1:42.57 (was 1:46.91 by NightTerror, 2020)

Demo: e3m2-142.zip
Video: 

In this run I followed Tatsurd's route, and tried to have as much clean movement as possible. This was difficult because the map is full of spiked edges and tight alcoves with weird shapes - there are no straight passages to run. I tried to use the last rocket as a boost to the exit, but that went VERY wrong. Nearly killed myself and lost some time. I believe that a time of 1m40 should be feasible with this route.