Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

E3M3 UV Max in 2:04.94 (was 2:12.20 by Archy, 2012)

Demo: e3m3-204.zip
Video: 

This was fun to run, despite the frustration (berserk). The first 10 seconds can be very reset-heavy due to entering the DEADLY first red room with only the pistol. Skipping the shotgun and chaingun is a substantial route improvement on the previous UV Max route, which consisted of lowering the shotgun first, and leaving the berserk for much later. The old route is more consistent and less risky, but slower overall. I believe that a time of 1m59 should be possible with a LOT of luck.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:36 PM, SKYWARDS said:

Hello guys. I'm submitting my first demo. I'm new here so I'll happily accept advices since I have so much to learn.

e1-uv-652.zip

Hello and welcome. There's nothing wrong with your demo, but bear in mind that demos recorded with "-longtics" are listed on DSDA in the category: "Other". I'd recommend giving -shorttics a try, it can be difficult to change, but after a while you get used to it. -shorttics is the only way to do speedrunning tricks that require exact angles.

E2M6 UV Max in 4:00.69 (was 4:09.11 by Radek Pecka, 2004)

Demo: e2m6-400.zip
Video: 

Beat the WR by 9 seconds, but failed my sub 4min objective. I KNOW that it's possible, but I had to stop because this became pure torture. Last time I played this I failed the world record by a second, and settled for a PB of 4m10. After that I played the episode 2 in UV Max, and made several route optimizations. So this time the best I could get (until my patience ran out) was this 4m00.69 run. This was the worst 69 of my life. Oh wait, maybe not? Nevermind.

@Pleymo Fantastic!! Finished with 10% health, exactly the same as @VinceDSS :) Everyone may watch the old demo first to appreciate even more the new, 20 year after, entry.