Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

E4M9 "Fear" NM-Speed in 0:08.86

Did this about a month ago and was never satisfied with it, but there's no sense holding onto it as I don't see myself attempting it ever again.

n4m9-008.zip

On 9/25/2020 at 3:32 AM, P1e0r0c0y said:

e4m9 nomo 8.91 seconds WR (trying to go as low as possible!)

also I'm back baby.

e4m9nomo.zip

Hello.

There are some problems with your submission that need solving before it can be uploaded to DSDA:
 --> In your text file, please specify the full version of the source-port (ex: Crispy Doom v5.9.0)

If you want the demo to be in DSDA, please fix the problems and re-upload the .zip file in a new forum post

PS - For more info on how to record demos, write text files and submit them, check out this thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116534-prboom-guide-usage-recording-demos-and-some-extra-info/

PS2 - Also, make sure you launch the game with skill 4. Otherwise the default difficulty will be set to HMP. In NoMo it makes no difference, but if you start running UV Speed that can invalidate your run.

1 hour ago, Coincident said:

Hello.

There are some problems with your submission that need solving before it can be uploaded to DSDA:
 --> In your text file, please specify the full version of the source-port (ex: Crispy Doom v5.9.0)

If you want the demo to be in DSDA, please fix the problems and re-upload the .zip file in a new forum post

PS - For more info on how to record demos, write text files and submit them, check out this thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116534-prboom-guide-usage-recording-demos-and-some-extra-info/

PS2 - Also, make sure you launch the game with skill 4. Otherwise the default difficulty will be set to HMP. In NoMo it makes no difference, but if you start running UV Speed that can invalidate your run.

ok man thanks for that lol

13 hours ago, Percy T said:

e3m6 secret exit 0.06:60 (WR) (New Route!)

don't know if anyone has tried this route before, but it works.

e3m6s660.zip

bro, your hands lift off perfectly for that sr50 there?

1 hour ago, alps said:

bro, your hands lift off perfectly for that sr50 there?

Yes, when I need to turn I lift my finger off strafe on (right click) and turn my mouse very fast to exactly how I need to be facing, but I've done it so much that it's easy. I don't know if your questioning the runs validity or if it's a compliment, but thanks for the question.

On 10/1/2020 at 4:22 AM, Percy T said:

e3m6sstr1591.zip

E3M6s Stroller in 15.91 seconds

There's a problem with this demo; it does not qualify as stroller. There are strafe inputs in the demo.

15 hours ago, Coincident said:

There's a problem with this demo; it does not qualify as stroller. There are strafe inputs in the demo.

Hmm, ok. I have a tendency to accidentally strafe, sorry about that :-0

E3M6 UV Max in 2:28.83 (was 2:50.83 by NightTerror, 2020)

Demo: e3m6-228.zip
Video: 

YES! Finally pulled off a CLEAN run for this route, without monsters getting stuck in random corners. I was aiming for sub 2:40, so I was VERY happy when I managed a sub 2:30. I followed the route of NightTerror; just changed use of rockets to only use them when completely surrounded by the horde to maximize splash damage. A time of 2:25 should be possible. Best of luck to whoever tries this (you'll need it!) :)

2 hours ago, depr4vity said:

Stroller is supposed to be pacifist, FYI

Oh, ok. I didn't know that. 

E3M9 UV Max in 2:14.31 (was 2:17.54 by Radek Pecka, 2003)

Demo: e3m9-214.zip
Video: https://youtu.be/WVmko1FdkZI

What's worse than E2M8 and E3M1? Both maps combined. This secret level is terrible to pistol start, AND you need to rocket a cyberdemon. If you kill the cyberdemon in about 40 rockets, you should have enough rockets to kill everything else. In this run, I killed the cyberdemon in 42 rockets, which is mediocre, but the rest of the run went pretty well, and I didn't run out of rockets before grabbing the BFG. So with a 37-rocket cyber kill I believe it is possible to get a time of 2m09.