Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

On 5/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, Dino said:

Please specify which source port you used for this demo (or doom.exe if you used the original exe). Please include the exact version of the port as well.

31 minutes ago, mr2meows said:

e1m1 UV Pacifist 12.29

e1m1_12seconds.zip

Please specify the version of Crispy Doom you're using. Also, please at least try your best to follow the naming convention for demos. E1M1 Pacifist in 0:12 would be p1m1-012 (the zip file, lmp file and txt file should use this name).

6 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Please specify the version of Crispy Doom you're using. Also, please at least try your best to follow the naming convention for demos. E1M1 Pacifist in 0:12 would be p1m1-012 (the zip file, lmp file and txt file should use this name).

im use 5.11.1

Just now, mr2meows said:

im use 5.11.1

Can you correct your zip file by editing the text file for version and use the correct naming of the zip file? Thanks.

E1M3s NoMo 0:31

e1m3so31.rar

For some reason felt like playing doom again for the first time in ~6 years. Very mediocre time, demo probably isn't pleasant viewing (mouse movement bad, a lot of bumping into walls) but seems to stack well against the other demos. Not too sure on the milliseconds but it might be a few milliseconds off Adam Heiygi's 31.34. (31.37?) Could probably easily save at least a sec or two (just looking at how much I fumbled the alcove part...) if I grinded more but I'm done for tonight. 

[I am the Zero_uk that posted a few demos in 2014/2016 btw, idk how to prove this]

1 hour ago, Zero_uk said:

E1M3s NoMo 0:31

e1m3so31.rar

For some reason felt like playing doom again for the first time in ~6 years. Very mediocre time, demo probably isn't pleasant viewing (mouse movement bad, a lot of bumping into walls) but seems to stack well against the other demos. Not too sure on the milliseconds but it might be a few milliseconds off Adam Heiygi's 31.34. (31.37?) Could probably easily save at least a sec or two (just looking at how much I fumbled the alcove part...) if I grinded more but I'm done for tonight. 

[I am the Zero_uk that posted a few demos in 2014/2016 btw, idk how to prove this]

FYI, you should rezip this as zip or it will not be uploaded to DSDA.

P1M1-997.zip

E1M1 UV-Pacifist. 9.97

Also, didn't know SR50 existed, so I'll practice that and snag a better time!

Edited by LordHydra

E1M3s-46.86.zip

E1M3s UV-Speed. 46.86.

It's absolutely insane, the rng you need to let alone finish this map alive. Sometimes you come right out the front door and the shotgunner slams you for 39 damage, sometimes they'll explode the barrel on you. Most of the time, you get stuck on the invisible pinkie and zombie man in the hall. Then in the next room, you have to open, kill the shotgunner so he doesn't bully you, turn shoot the barrel and zombieman, hope it destroys the barrel, then go to the window at an angle on the right (so you don't agro the imps on the elevator) then get to the switch without getting blocked in those tight angled spaces. I really hope to see others do this run. The current WR has been held for 21 years and is 45s and it's very very possible to get at least a 43 I believe.

Ultimate Doom EP1: UV-Max in 28:31

First entry for me, hope everything is good

ep1-2831.zip

Edited by zumie : zip instead of rar

21 minutes ago, zumie said:

Ultimate Doom EP1: UV-Max in 28:31

First entry for me, hope everything is good

ep1-2831.rar

Only a couple things:

• Please use zip instead of rar.
  • Please don't place demos inside directories inside the zip. Just keep your main demo and textfile at least at the top level.

14 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Only a couple things:

• Please use zip instead of rar.
  • Please don't place demos inside directories inside the zip. Just keep your main demo and textfile at least at the top level.

Thanks, i changed the file so you guys can review it properly.

1 hour ago, zumie said:

Thanks, i changed the file so you guys can review it properly.

Still didn't fix the directory problem. Just make sure when you double click the zip file, it contains ep1-2831.lmp and ep1-2831.txt instead of a folder called ep1-2831, if this made sense.

32 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Still didn't fix the directory problem. Just make sure when you double click the zip file, it contains ep1-2831.lmp and ep1-2831.txt instead of a folder called ep1-2831, if this made sense.

Yeah fixed now and tested it, sorry ;)

9 minutes ago, zumie said:

Yeah fixed now and tested it, sorry ;)

It looks correct now. Thanks for fixing it.

Ultimate Doom EP1: UV-Max in 25:22

Improved my previous entry by more than 3min.

ep1-2522.zip

Edited by zumie