Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

Ultimate Doom demos [-complevel 3]

1 hour ago, Dwaze said:

Hi thanks for pointing that out, force of habit i think 🙂

In time the habit turns into exiting as soon as you die and then realize that you were just playing casually.

4 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Easiest way to find the conversion is just look at how the other demos are named.

Given that his naming couldn't have been more correct, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

3 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

In time the habit turns into exiting as soon as you die and then realize that you were just playing casually.

Funny. This could be one of those "You know you're a speedrunner if you understand this" kind of lines. Even worse if you quit casual play for slightly bumping into a wall in the first second.

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Given that his naming couldn't have been more correct, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

What?

When I started posting demos I got told to use the correct naming format (even though andy didn't mind).

Posted (edited)

That's because you had used (and continue to use) non-standard naming. Dwaze named his demo just fine, so your comment seems odd, as if to suggest that he hasn't done so.

Edited by Grazza

Posted (edited)

E1M3 UV-Speed in 0:41

Spoiler

I was actually trying to get a 0:42. I had a dozen 0:43 times already after numerous tries, so eventually getting a 0:41 and skipping 0:42 altogether is quite amazing.

Also this time no failed attempts in the demo.

e1m3d041.zip

Edited by Dwaze : replaced video url

Posted (edited)

E1M4 UV-Speed (edit: & Pacifist) in 0:12

Very happy with this one, That jump is tricky.

Also is it possible that Adam Hegyi's 0:12 run of the same category is missing on dsda?

Spoiler

e1m4b012.zip

Edited by Dwaze : renamed attachment

3 minutes ago, ZeroMaster010 said:

His demo is pacifist, and so is yours.

aaah totally forgot about that, my bad ty

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2018 at 12:47 AM, Memfis said:

And really fun to watch too! I have two questions:

1) Would it be unrealistic to just skip the imps at the start of e3m3 and hope you can fall down somehow anyway? Seemed like you lost a bit of time fighting there.

2) Have you considered taking a slight detour somewhere in order to collect more plasma so that you can kill the mastermind faster? It was a little strange to see you running around the map instead of going to fight straight away. Or did you not care about e3m8 time?

@Memfis a bit of a late reply, anyways

I don't think leaving them all alive would ever work, since the imps have so much time to gather up, but leaving 1-2 of them is something you can get away with sometimes if you are lucky, might be worth it. Perhaps if the first 2 levels are a bit slow it would be a good idea to recover some time. There's also another trick which is to catch the other elevator on the way back up, but that's really difficult, I think that skips the imps.

There's a BFG on E3M3 (or E3M7) which can be used instead, so yeah didn't care about E3M8 time here.

Also my time was beaten by 4 (8 with M8) seconds by Hi Jango (I can't imagine anyone wanting to improve this ever, though E3 is rather easy, E3M1 is very annoying), he uploaded demo to competn website and not here, so for anyone that missed it:

He actually leaves at least 1 imp alive on E3M3, so yeah probably worth to gamble with leaving 1-2 alive. He loses 1 second on E3M6 because of bad luck with the demon survivng direct rocket, and E3M4 is a bit slow and maybe some time could be saved on E3M7 (Hi Jango has both UV-Speed records for those levels as well, so he would know :)

Edited by ZeroMaster010