Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryback

Hell Revealed 2 demos [-complevel 2]

Your demos are very impressive xepop, it's a pleasure to watch. I guess you spent quite some time on those :)

Thanks, it's always nice that people appreciate. I actually started 06 just after I finally got 04. Others been under work on and off since I last uploaded something here, some weeks I guess and so today I got two of them. Have to work hard when got little skill :)

Moar hr2. This one features four (4) linedef "jumps"! Some kind of record? I recommend watching Vile's or Anima's maxes before this to understand what I'm doing here.

Map31 UVspeed in 4:41

h231-441.zip

Okuplok said:

really nice demo xepop! i always enjoy watching your hr2 speedruns. :)

slight improvement over my other demo

map12 uv-max in 4:25

Eesh, you got taken down to TWO health! Now THAT is cutting it fine... Especially since it was five health until the Mastermind managed to get another shot in. I thought you'd be toast for sure if it did.

Sweet work!

xepop: Some damn fine work with the demos you've posted. Good route and weapon choices, and some very nice use of techniques like glides.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Okay I just post my last hr2 demo and say farewell to hr2.

What is this I don't even

Map 02 in 1:11
Map 11 in 1:35

Sleepless night and was bored at morning. Sloppy.

h2.zip

xepop said:

Map 02 in 1:11

Wow. This is what I call a must-see.

Glad to see you back on Hell Revealed II :>

[WH]-Wilou84 said:

Wow. This is what I call a must-see.

Glad to see you back on Hell Revealed II :>

I really liked the ending of this demo with the music ON. Check it! :-)

Sweet demo! At ~17:30 I was almost shouting: "Man! There's 300 cells lying there! PICK THEM UP!" One minute later, you *almost* forgot to grab them again, didn't you? Too bad for the last imp's perseverance...

vdgg : Well yeah I was wondering why my Cell ammo level was so low, then I saw those Cell Packs :)
But time-wise looking for them didn't matter much at that point, since it's safer to have the Mancubi infight with some Cacos and kill the Arch-Vile within their group in the process.

TimeOfDeath : Outstanding :o
You really put that first Invulnerability to good use.
Very entertaining to watch.

Yes, and an interesting way of getting rid of revenants at the mountain :)
I find demos on this map very interesting to watch, so if someone has a sub-25 minute demo, please share, I'll watch it. ToD's time may be out of reach for most of us mortals ;)

ToD: I'd have some questions to you, but don't want to harass you. Just one question if you please: were you unaware of existance of this map until WH's recording?

Thanks Wilou. Your demo really helped. :)

vdgg - harass if you want, I don't mind at all. I watched DomRem's speed demo of map29 back in 2006, and I think I watched a max demo in 2006 too, but I'm not sure if I've actually played the map until after watching Wilou's latest demo. I've played some hr2 on zdaemon between 2004-2008, but can't remember playing map29. So the second half of my demo I wasn't really sure what to do, so I'll keep trying for another exit.

That is one kickass demo, ToD.

By the way, have you ever looked at HR1 Map22 ? It's a good fun slaughtermap (although cells are sparse), and the demos, even the TAS one, don't seem to be nearly as fast as they could be ; or, to put it another way, I think you could do much better than the current best non-TAS run. Gave it a shot myself and even for me sub-8 minutes seemed doable, save for my clumsiness always getting me killed near the end by a cybie rocket or AV blast I don't see.