Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryback

Hell Revealed 2 demos [-complevel 2]

Well, I searched and didn't find a thread for it so...

Hell Revealed II Map 01 Nightmare with 100% Secrets in 0:38.

Edit: Seems the thread was hidden in plain sight, please excuse my ignorance and thanks Memfis and Artem :) also don't upload this to DSDA please, I'm working on a better one.

h201s038.zip

NoobBait said:

Well, I searched and didn't find a thread for it so...

Hell Revealed II Map 01 Nightmare with 100% Secrets in 0:38.

Nice to see wads like HR2 getting some speedrunning attention again. You can post demos for it in the HR2 thread.

I also played MAP01 NM100S (five years ago) and got 0:28. It's extremely slow and lame for my current standard, so should not be uploaded to DSDA. Have fun beating it!

h201s028.zip

Hell Revealed II Map 01 Nightmare 100% Secrets in 0:25. I got 0:29 on literally my second attempt today, followed by a good 45 minutes of colorful language and funny deaths...Thanks for the motivation, Artem :)

h201s025.zip

NoobBait said:

Hell Revealed II Map 01 Nightmare 100% Secrets in 0:25.

Now it's a good run -- an effective, logically thought out strategy and a solid performance (with minimum delays, hesitations and redundant timewasting moves) is what I like in Doom Speed Demos, no matter the category. Keep it up, Kyle McAwesome!

Paska said:

hmm, you don't need the yellow key + you can press the red door while falling

Thanks :) Your route is very good. I recorded a new run using yorur route. :)
HR2 map04 UV-nomonsters run in 0:14. Exe is PRBoom+ 2.5.0.7, complevel 2, TAS

h204-no014.zip

1ntru said:

HR2 MAP26 UV-Max in 8:33

5:00 improvement over the current demo.

As I commented on YT, I feel like MAP28 deserves a speed upgrade as well. Like Artem, I'm equally impressed by your efforts to optimize long demos. :)

Yes, definitely an impressive improvement! Though I think 6:XX or something is within reach when acting more drastically in some parts, and especially going to the BFG earlier, thus not having to waste many cells with plasma rifle.

Map 22
Time 1:59
Nomonsters (strafe 40 only)

"Ugly" run. There's many mistakes but it's still fast. Just try to improve if you dare.

h222n159.zip

j4rio said:

map 25 in 5:47

^
wonderful j4
well done! fearless 24/7!
this kind of demos are pretty much an inspiration to keep failing in my current run without getting 2 much angry ahah :P

hey blob, glad to hear from ya :))
I'd still like to see you handle some slaughter maps, cchests must be a little monotonous, aren't they? :P

By the ways, map 26 in 8:11
Mindblowing route change, thanks to Kimo's and 1ntru's runs of this map for some ideas. I was hoping for a 7XX but whatever, 20 seconds cut are OK with me.

h226-811.zip

HEY! That radical route change was actually very cool!

I can't decide exactly whether it was good or not but it was really cool to see. Like SAV88 said, I'm almost sure that with my old route I could take the time to 6:40~7:30 with more aggressive play and a few other ideas that I already have in mind as well as stealing your trick of pre-pressing the button for the secret near the Baron/Imp/Knights door. :)

Still, I wouldn't be completely surprised if the ideal route was combining our two routes but I don't have time to look at this now. :/

1ntru said:
I'm almost sure that with my old route I could take the time to 6:40~7:30 with more aggressive play and a few other ideas that I already have in mind as well as stealing your trick of pre-pressing the button for the secret near the Baron/Imp/Knights door. :)

When I was playing, I had constantly feeling that 6XX is just way out of reach, but if you manage it, it'll be impressive demo.

Okay on the other hand, finally my little funny with map 7 has just ended, satisfied with this half-assed run. Map 7 in 5:23.

h207-523.zip

HR2 Map 01 Nomo - 8.54 seconds, versus William Huber's 8.80 seconds.

Is it okay to post demos like this that are not truncated to the second? I'll use 10 characters (generally) for the filename. This way I can post demos of marginally improved Nomo runs.

-- Okay, I'll follow Grazza's suggestion in future.

h201o854.zip

The normal convention for ultra-short demos where the time measured in hundredths of a second is being emphasized is to leave out zeroes for the minutes, using three or four characters for the seconds and first two decimal places.

Using that naming convention, your demo would be named h201o854.lmp. This keeps the file-name Doom2.exe compatible.

j4rio said:

When I was playing, I had constantly feeling that 6XX is just way out of reach, but if you manage it, it'll be impressive demo.

Okay on the other hand, finally my little funny with map 7 has just ended, satisfied with this half-assed run. Map 7 in 5:23.

First off, we both exited the level with 120 cells, which was obviously a mistake. Well, MAP26 is an easy map imho, with lots of cells and not many dangerous situations. My play on it was really shoddy and I got that exit in less than one hour of play without trying a testrun before with either IDDQD or savestates. 6:XX actually sounds a little off, yes, but <7:30 looks completely possible to me with a few changes.

I'm not exactly interested in this map right now as I'm working on something else but I'd love to see this improved.

1ntru said:
I'm not exactly interested in this map right now as I'm working on something else but I'd love to see this improved. [/B]

Not by me though, since record is all mine for now :DDD

Okay I wanted to do this a while ago but never quite got around to it, map 11 in 3:52 (caution - it sucks).

h211-352.zip

Ok, so I've been playing HR2 map 02, trying to get near Paska's time, a VERY difficult thing to do. I got a 30s though, which is attached. I am happy with second place.

HR2 Map02 Nomonsters - 30.71 seconds, versus Paska 29.97.

h202o030.zip

didierbertrand said:

watching j4rio demo inspired me.
map 11 nm100 in 03:17
the big challenge is to survive the red key room.

Hey, congrats on recording a NM demo on HR2!! This is the first NM HR2 demo recorded in ages. :)