Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Alien Vendetta demos [-complevel 2]

That's all fine and dandy, but can you do it properly with Brutal Doom now ???

On 7/18/2018 at 3:14 PM, SAV88 said:

MAP18 Nightmare Secrets in 2:56.

as18-256.zip

Not sure if you or anyone puts these on yt, but I'm becoming a fan and want to preserve such insanity. If you want me to take it down let me know (like if you want to direct views to your own channel if you got one)

Thanks a lot, Vorpal! I have no YT account, and I always appreciate videos of my runs.

BTW, MAP18 isn't one of the AV levels previously unfinished on skill 5, but I have researched the undone ones (13, 14, 16, 27, 28) with savegames and found out that with enough effort all five are humanly speedrunnable on NM in under the current UV Speed records.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:17 PM, Ancalagon said:

D2all uv-max in 4:13:37

30av-25337.zip

Nice, watched this completely (in five sessions).  The last map was especially nerve-wracking.  ;)  Thanks for the good entertainment, Ancalagon!

1 hour ago, Looper said:

AV Map29 UV-max in 4:19.

That was pretty smooth :) And as usual in your demos, there's something I don't understand. These chaingun shots at 3:09...?

1 hour ago, Looper said:

AV Map29 UV-max in 4:19.

Enjoj!

av29-419.zip

Wow! A polished run with an optimized route. It’s undoubtedly great one. Congratulations!

Long before, I tried av29 with referring to your failed av29 in which your target had been below 4:50. As a result, I managed to get only under 5 min. Under 5 min itself was very hard target for me, so I didn’t think more improvements. I didn’t doubt doom legends, like you, could get below 5:30 or 5:20, but I had no idea at that time, though it does not change so much even now.

5 minutes ago, vdgg said:

That was pretty smooth :) And as usual in your demos, there's something I don't understand. These chaingun shots at 3:09...?

Open the secret by shooting, make an infight for the spider and wake the arch-vile so there's a chance to save 1 BFG shot.

I know the route used in the demo is not the best, but my aim was 4:19 and nothing more. One can pretty much always play more risky if he wants to get a faster time. I think I did my part with this map now. At least I don't have this "unfinished" feeling in back of my head anymore. Though I do have a feeling that I should push it 3-4 sec lower, but run this long leaves mistakes every time.

And I'm glad you liked the demo, tatsurd-cacocaco. I still remember the day you posted your 4:57 :-) My reaction was "Wow, someone actually made sub 5!"

amazing as I expected Loopie... btw, 2166 attempts? have you a smart system to follow the count? :) when i was demorecording i just overwrote everytime the same file name

ciao!

16 minutes ago, blob1024 said:

amazing as I expected Loopie... btw, 2166 attempts? have you a smart system to follow the count? :) when i was demorecording i just overwrote everytime the same file name

Crispydoom. It makes the filename like this: AV29-, AV29-000, AV29-001, AV29-002.... AV29-999 (then starts to overwrite the 999). I have 2 folders full of failed attempts, so 1001+1001+163, but I did overwrite a couple of "999"s, so I added +1 to compensate ":D".

The total file size of those attempts are 19.4MB and since my PA17 is 41:33 = 2493 seconds and 344KB, you get a rough estimate of 3*2493s/MB * 19.4MB = 40 hours of playtime.

Map12 UV-Max in 6:31

This atrocity is from November 2017.  The first minute or so is some of the worst play I have ever seen, so I wasn't going to expose you all to it.  I also exit with 40 cells for some reason. 

Oh well, gotta get back in the DSDA top 20 by demo count somehow ;) 

av12-631.zip

18 hours ago, kmc said:

Map12 UV-Max in 6:31

I laughed at your carefully planned SSG shot at 1:43. Good BFG usage.

4 hours ago, vdgg said:

I laughed at your carefully planned SSG shot at 1:43. Good BFG usage.

Whoa wtf?  I guess I wanted to shoot the baron and my mouse/hand just went nuts (maybe cat involvement?)?

On 7/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, Vile said:

Map 32 UV Max in 3:42

av32-342.zip

great and clean run... a bit sad for my old time, but I'm glad it was a legend like you :)

3 hours ago, blob1024 said:

great and clean run... a bit sad for my old time, but I'm glad it was a legend like you :)

Aw, I know the feeling; I've seen a lot of records get taken down since I fell out of speedrunning, but I'm glad you liked the run. :)

Map 01 - Sunset - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 2:09.

Includes bonus demo for 2:10 where I get a telefrag just to show a route for sub 2 for anyone interested.

avsn01m-209.zip

Map 02 - Rusty Rage - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 3:04

avsn02m-304.zip

This is a good map, and I enjoyed grinding it, will have to come back to this map in the future.

Map 03 - Cargo Depot - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 5:02

avsn03m-502.zip

Also a good map, really rng heavy especially around the crate room.

Map 04 - Seclusion - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 7:32

avsn04m-732.zip

This is a first exit and I'm not ashamed of that, this map is meh especially because I got lucky with the two Cyberdemons. Will not be coming back to this map.

Map 05 - Crimson Tide - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 3:27

avsn05m-327.zip

Really fun map, may need to change route to get a better time, but I had fun grinding this. Will be coming back to this in the future.

Map 06 - Hillside Siege - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 9:00

This map is really hard and yeah, will not be coming back to this.

avsn06m-900.zip

Map 07 - Showdown - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 4:27

fun little map, relaxed me a bit.

avsn07m-427.zip

Map 08 - Beast Island - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 14:13

avsn08m-1413.zip

Oh boy, this map... well I could write a novel but, making it short and simple. This is not a good solo-net experience due to ammo conversation and tough enemies.

Map 09 - Castle Gardens - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 5:33

avsn09m-533.zip

Another relaxing map. Enjoyed playing this.