Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Alien Vendetta demos [-complevel 2]

Map 10 - Toxic Touch - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 16:05.

avsn10m-1605.zip

I liked this map a bit, but it's long and boring towards the end. hmm.

Map 11 - Nemesis - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 20:26.

avsn11m-2026.zip

This map was my 'NEMESIS', but not bad :)

Map 12 - Entropy - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 13:22

avsn12m-1322.zip

Hitscanner hell this one...

Map 13 - Suicidal Tendencies - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 20:30.

avsn13m-2030.zip

Oh boy, I thought this was hard, then I moved on to 14.... yep.

Map 14 - Overwhelming Odds - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 27:01

avsn14m-2701.zip

Making this map it's own post because of how differcult this challenge is and especially in Solo-net. But it is done.

209ish attempts including 1 attempt where I actually got to the Red Key room then died. Not looking forward to 25... have mercy!

Scratch that, I couldn't leave it alone so close to the next second. I didn't intend on improving it when I got the 1:08 but I couldn't leave a .00 demo like that! Also, I did this while streaming, but it was my first ever stream so I don't have any clue how to record them or get clips or anything... so this sentence helps exactly no-one, I suppose. 

Map 25 UV-Speed in 1:07 - av25-107.zip

Map 15 - Bulls on Parade - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 11:53.

avsn15m-1153.zip

Well this was an easier map from what I remember... Very relaxing compared to 14.

Map 16 - Mutual Destruction - UV-Max (Solo-net) in 13:16

avsn16m-1316.zip

I have a soft spot for hell levels and this one is very good example of how AV begins to change towards the end of the second episode.

MAP07 UV Fast in 2:23.97 (was 2:43.94 by Archy, 2013)

Demo: af07-223.zip
Video: 

Quite a lucky run. The starting area with the mancubi went almost perfectly. Only one of them required 4 rockets to kill; all the others died with 3. I'm very happy with this new route. I decided to make use of the fast monsters to provoke in-fighting, and let the revenants and arachnotrons kill each other.

MAP17 UV Fast in 3:57.80 (was 6:30.89 by Ryback, 2003)

Demo: af17-357.zip
Video: 

If the iron bars close before the cyberdemon starts in-fighting, the run's dead.

If I take a rocket to the face before getting the BFG, the run's dead.

If the cyberdemon kills both barons, the run's dead.

If the 2nd baron didn't get damaged by the cyberdemon and is not in-fighting, the run's dead.

If the 2nd baron wanders around his hiding area for 2 mins, the run's dead.

All in all, getting past the cyberdemon is a random 4% chance event. And then there's the REST of the level!

12 hours ago, Coincident said:

MAP17 UV Fast in 3:57.80 (was 6:30.89 by Ryback, 2003)

Very nice! This is the map I got stuck on while doing solo-net attempts.

Didn't actually think there was a way to do this better but you may have just helped me finish this so thank you!

8 hours ago, Andromeda said:

You entered the time wrong. Great run by the way!

Thanks! It was a typo; I fixed it.

MAP 01 UV Speed 0:27.14

VIDEO:

It is an honor to hold a world record of the first level of the best WAD of all time, 26 seconds is possible.

av01-027.zip

Edited by JuanchoES

On 4/5/2021 at 1:49 AM, JuanchoES said:

MAP 01 UV Speed 0:27.14VIDEO:

It is an honor to hold a world record of the first level of the best WAD of all time, 26 seconds is possible.

av01-027.zip

Please do not use sprite modification wads to speedrun as those are not allowed and may cause de-syncs.

6 hours ago, Coincident said:

Please do not use sprite modification wads to speedrun as those are not allowed and may cause de-syncs.

Sorry, I didn't know that, this does mean that my runs are not valid to go to the DSDA archive?

On 4/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, JuanchoES said:

Sorry, I didn't know that, this does mean that my runs are not valid to go to the DSDA archive?

Yes, it does.

As for your Map25 in 1:07 run: it was accepted but please do not run the game with "-set overrun_intercept_emulate=1"

6 hours ago, Coincident said:

Yes, it does.

As for your Map25 in 1:07 run: it was accepted but please do not run the game with "-set overrun_intercept_emulate=1"

What the hell is that launch parameter, my launch parameter for that run was "-iwad doom2.wad -file AV.WAD -skill 4 -complevel 2 -warp 25 -record av25-"

43 minutes ago, JuanchoES said:

What the hell is that launch parameter, my launch parameter for that run was "-iwad doom2.wad -file AV.WAD -skill 4 -complevel 2 -warp 25 -record av25-"

Nevermind then. That launch parameter that you're using should work just fine.

2 hours ago, JuanchoES said:

MAP01 UV Speed 0:27.14

DEMO: av01-027.zip

VIDEO: 

GG

Looks like this run was recorded with mouselook? That's also not allowed for speedruns, sorry.

2 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Looks like this run was recorded with mouselook? That's also not allowed for speedruns, sorry.

... Excuse me? Is this a joke?... what? Can you prove that? What the hell is going on.

36 minutes ago, JuanchoES said:

... Excuse me? Is this a joke?... what? Can you prove that? What the hell is going on.

It seems that your run somehow got mouselook info attached to it, even though there actually doesn't appear to be mouselook in the run, not sure. After some discussion, this may be related to some port behavior, so this run is likely valid.

21 minutes ago, ZeroMaster010 said:

MAP25 UV-Speed in 01:00.97

av25-100.zip

I knew you had something planned zero-master, it's an honor that you know my name, let's keep playing.