Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skepticist

Requiem demos [-complevel 2]

I rewatched the demo with iddt, focusing at the start area and you are right there are 3 nazis escaping that area one by one.
Too bad :(

Anyway I hope you still enjoyed it :)

I wonder why smart totals is enabled by default? All demo recorders turn it off (or they should, if they use hud). It confused me too, before.

Another one of my poor old records is now brought to a much higher standard :-)

Turning is more hectic/jerky than in any of my previous demos, but it still doesn't look too bad.

Requiem MAP15 UV Max in 7:55.

rq15-755.zip

arr, bad luck with that hell knight, could have well been faster than Adam's time. Not giving up yet? :)

Of course. Those short max runs with SSG action are very addicting. :) I remember how I spent 10 hours in one day to beat Johnsen's AV01 record.

It amazing to know a map so short can still be improved.

Why don't you beat my RF20-043? It would surely be easier.

My late congratulations to Istvan, I find it a bit unfair that your failed demo has been commented and the successful one provoked no replies. Fantastic!

MAP25 Tyson in 10:08

rt251008.zip

Memfis said:

MAP20 UV-Max in 0:35 :)

sweet little map. much cleaner than your last attempt, iirc it could have been a few seconds faster if your rocket killed the baron + knight at the exit.

MAP30 skill 2 "Tyson" in 5:14.

Same rules as Tyson, only skill 2.

I finished this on my first try. UV has a faster spawner and one extra monster + a bit (really, just a bit) tougher monsters. Now I need a tip: HOW TO AIM? I miss way too many shots.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: well, I killed the icon for the first time on UV. It is 26/27 kills though, so no Tyson yet... In the zip I include the 5:14 demo on skill 2 and a 4:16 demo on skill 4 with one survivor.

rt30.zip

Random trick I found on map28. In rc28-033 Vincent and Xit used SSG boost to reach the red key quickly. You can do the same jump alone by using RL. Might be hard to maintain enough health but if you succeed the demo will be considerably faster than Method's UV-Speed record.
( don't upload to dsda :] )

rq28-rj.zip

I found a death slide trick on map13 for cooperative UV-Speed: players must be on the second bridge of the level, first player kills second one, the bridge breaks and first player falls down together with dead second and he can easily reach the exit.

Cool idea! In Compet-N it wouldn't be allowed though because the rules demand that both players are alive at the time the level ends (or at least that their corpses are still moving, so death slides to the exit are OK, for instance) but outside of C-N such a demo would be very welcome!

I originally just wanted to ask a question here but the red letters scared me a little so I had to record something too. Here it is: MAP25 UV-Max in 2:14. After this demo a time under 2 minutes begins to seem quite realistic.

More importantly, here is my question. I was reading REQUVLMP.TXT and these words by Istvan Pataki surprised me:

I left a lot of monsters behind and returned later to kill them with some bigger weapons, this way the monsters had the chance to hide but I used some resurected monsters to get safe 100% kills even when someone hides.

Does that mean that in the old times people were going for any 100% kills rather than "true" 100% kills? Was there even a way to check this back in 1997 without prboom-plus' walkcam or advanced HUD?

rq25-214.zip

They could've checked it with IDDT IDDT. Same Mr.Pataki also recorded the not-so-full max on MM MAP28, fully aware of a missed sergeant (see .txt). In that case it was, I believe, "it's a hard map, this demo is way better than nothing".

Some not true max demos stayed as max for a long time, e.g. http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/33072-rq17-up-for-grabs-and-m229-as-well/

When exactly the true 100% kills rule was introduced and kept as the "only" rule, I don't know.

Nice one on rq25, thanks for kind words but yours is quite a different one tactically than mine.

MAP11 UV-Max in 2:27 :(
I hate SAV, he maxed all the coolest maps in Requiem and killed any sense of trying them any more.

rq11-227.zip

Map 20 UV Tyson in 2:50
PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3 -complevel 2

Freaking got it. Thanks DWMegaWAD Club for being the catalyst.

Xit Vono still has the Compet-N record. Still, beating one of his times was not on my list of things I thought I would accomplish in my lifetime.

rt20-250.zip