Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

Episode 2 NM-Speed in 9:51

1:28 second improvement over 1119nm11 by stx-vile, main reason is because of glides and map 14 wallrun trick.

I assume ep3 nm route would have to be way too different compared to 30nm so I most likely won't bother with that, in this case it was only map 11 which was different + some lack of cells/SSG.

At least 3/5 of the time I hope to save on 30nm will come from episode 3. I had more trouble with ep2 than what I would have expected, so still some stupid things I would like to find and avoid for 30nm attempts :)

0951nm11.zip

Doom 2 D2All NM-Speed in 26:20

only lost some 2x29 seconds on the 2 last maps, I knew the time was going to be above 25:00 so I don't really mind. I wasn't sure if I was going to post this demo, since I won't stop before I get 24:59 or better, but it's 30nm so it's not like I get an exit everyday. Also an opportunity to advertise my stream here, I already posted once in the stream thread in the general forum, but I'll mention it here again.

Also a new trick! (well, sort of), you can read more about it in the .txt

The run was done on stream, I'll start somewhere around 18-21 CET, but which day I stream is random, though I hope to do it at least 3 times a week: http://www.twitch.tv/zeromaster010/

Youtube link (still uploading, 3-5 hours or so after this post it should be up): https://youtu.be/PvFpR6FF5wI

I've tried some new software for recording the video, so I wanted to test if it's better. Also for some reason I couldn't change my aspect ratio in prboom+ 2.5.1.4 while in fullscreen, it's not 16:9 or 4:3, though maybe it's better for the video, I dunno.

A couple of things I should look into improving before I try again, not too happy about how I do map 05\06 with the rockets, and also I want to make sure something like map 08 never happens again.

30nm2620.zip

first I wanted to pick out my highlights... but there are just too many.
really like how often you use RL, especially map19 beginning
you know how to make it exciting in the mid of ep3, don't you?
the end is simply sad how much bad luck you had.

aww I am glad you uploaded it... I wonder what you have on your HD that you did not upload because you are not satisfied with. Very nice run!

ZeroMaster010 said:

Doom 2 D2All NM-Speed in 26:20

only lost some 2x29 seconds on the 2 last maps, I knew the time was going to be above 25:00 so I don't really mind. I wasn't sure if I was going to post this demo, since I won't stop before I get 24:59 or better, but it's 30nm so it's not like I get an exit everyday. Also an opportunity to advertise my stream here, I already posted once in the stream thread in the general forum, but I'll mention it here again.

whoa.

still improving? do you think it's possible to get it ti 25 minutes?

I forgot about the incredible luck I had on map 25, the damage from the spectre was lower than expected.

termrork said:

I wonder what you have on your HD that you did not upload because you are not satisfied with.

Only notable would be my 22x 30uv and 2x 30ev that did not meet my goal.

Pirx said:

whoa.

still improving? do you think it's possible to get it ti 25 minutes?

Yes, the problem is that nightmare always seems to find a way to force major time losses.

I just hope that I never get 25:00 like I got 20:00 with UV, or fail IoS because of messing up hiting 2 buttons at once :)

I saw the video pop up in my youtube feed and thought "oh man he's gotta be seething at this time" hahaha
Pretty cool strats! Ep3 was quite the party. Map08 can now be called "Tricks and Struggles"

I won't be going back to 30nm until the PerdGate pack is done, but if you somehow haven't found a sub25 by then I'll be sure to offer some competition!

Edit: Any reason you don't BFG before going through tele on map30? I find the gamble to kill that Rev early is worth it for the 1-cycle

Episode 1 NM-Speed in 6:38

Failed 30nm attempt, died at cacodemon room, again recorded with cndoom, but re-recorded with prboom+ using -recordfromto. Other runs today: 1 attempt died on map 20 and 2 attempts died straight after the barrel wallrun at exact same spot, non of the runs were very good, 6, 12 and 14 seconds ahead of 30nm2620, while 6:38 ep1 is 29 seconds ahead.

eLim said:

Edit: Any reason you don't BFG before going through tele on map30? I find the gamble to kill that Rev early is worth it for the 1-cycle

The reason is the revenant will never hit me when I go for the elevator... except in that 1 case where you get a pain elemental as second spawn :D And then of course the advantage is having a smaller chance of him respawning. He can still give me some trouble with random rockets flying around after I kill him, but since I just killed him I don't have to worry about him respawning as I kill 4th spawn and sometimes 3rd spawn. It's more about the consistency, sometimes you don't even kill him with the BFG, though I will test it out again, anything that helps with map 30 is worth looking into.

Edit: had wrong demo name.

0638nm01.zip