Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

j4rio said:

13 tyson 6:39

Just watched it (very late) wow at arachnotron punching and the last imp cluster. Also, punching when falling is hilarious.

Doom 2 D2All NM-Speed in 24:02 (24:17.97)

Yeah, I know, 3 seconds from sub 24, but my goal is now sub 23 minutes.

I had a really horrible map 29 leading up the the second to last area and a shotgunner respawned at the wrong moment on top of it. Then I get some incredible luck when I roll 24 and 8 damage from 2 baron hits and exit at 14 hp, absolute miracle.

youtube: https://youtu.be/0T8-NovVCP4

Not too long ago I thought sub 25 minutes would be it for 30nm, but all of the sudden the goal is sub 23 minutes. I don't know exactly what happened, I guess it's obviously a combination of route improvements and just getting better (more consistent) at it. I didn't quite get to show of the new route in this demo, but with everything I have in mind I would be very surprised if there is some significant time save that I haven't thought of that isn't too extreme when it comes to survivability.

30nm2402.zip

ZeroMaster010 said:

Yeah, I know, 3 seconds from sub 24, but my goal is now sub 23 minutes.

Where da streamz at? ? ????? ?

@ReFracture, Thanks!

@eLim, I couldn't stream before I got the record back, didn't want people to think I'm bad at the game (silly I know) :D so yeah about that, I think I need to practice a few more things, I wasn't supposed to fail this hard on map 29, and map 04 doesn't look good either, and probably some other stuff. So someday soon, probably going to take more than a few hours to get sub 23 so I should be streaming more this time :)

ZeroMaster010 said:

I think I need to practice a few more things, I wasn't supposed to fail this hard on map 29, and map 04 doesn't look good either, and probably some other stuff. So someday soon, probably going to take more than a few hours to get sub 23 so I should be streaming more this time :)

I personally don't mind watching practice as well, it's interesting to me. But that's up to you of course :P Looking forward to watching the grind :D

kraflab said:

I personally don't mind watching practice as well, it's interesting to me. But that's up to you of course :P Looking forward to watching the grind :D

Yeah! Routing streams are generally really fun because you have heaps of time to interact with viewers. I'm sure Shock, Looper etc will come in and throw some ideas around with you if you did end up streaming it :D

Either way, looking forward to the streams

I said this on your YouTube video but god damn that map29 was so painful. I think I only had really bad respawns like 4? times in all of my practice. You get so unlucky there D:

Doom 2 D2All NM-Speed in 23:06 (23:23.03)

youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPhVDe0Vj-s

F
MF25+F
-> 12 seconds lost

Well eLim, I too know how it feels to not break a minute barrier on the last map!

Of course I've had this happen before in the exact same way... 30uv2006, but on the very same day I did 30uv1959 to make up for it.
I have no idea how much time it would take to get those last 7 seconds, as I said with 30pn, it could be the first attempt or the 10000th attempt. There's just so much that can go wrong, but so much went right this time, then I made 2 very small mistakes anyways.

I don't feel very motivated to continue after something like this, but I didn't actually spend a lot of time on the attempts, I guess I just get lucky a lot. So I'll keep trying, but probably spend less time on it.

RIP 30uv1953 and 30nm2254, you were 2 of my 3 best demos that never existed because I can't hit 2 buttons at the same time!

Also, the baron almost hit me AFTER I go through the last teleporter on map 29 (this is actually quite common here!). I should look into avoiding that, would be one of the most ridiculous ways to lose a run if I actually got hit by that.

30nm2306.zip

Great stuff, I just saw your run on YouTube. I like how you think on your feet, such as when you did relatively badly on map 6 and then decided to up the risk on map 7 to try and get back on track. *bows*

Doom 2 UV Max Movie in 1:34:50

Good run, good run. I've been practicing and running this category quite a bit recently to prepare for my speedrun at the North American Speedrunner Assembly next month. This run was pretty darn good, I'd say. Early game wasn't great, but nothing spectacularly awful occurred this time around. I'll probably be back on attempts again in a few weeks, but for now this is satisfactory. :)

YouTube Video

doom2max13450.zip

Heh, I still don't know routes of any of the leftover 22 levels. If I get bored of it during the learning process, I'll most likely abandon the thought.

rdwpa said:

"Took tons of attempts"

I guess 1,000-2,000 attempts is still quite low in pure time spent, so what are we looking at, 10,000+?

Not quite, the attempt count was at 4,882.

What program do you use to keep count?

Also it'd be nice if there was a program that could log total hours spent in prBoom+ over a period, to keep track of time spent running when there are a lot of resets in the first <5% of a run. I'm curious about how long I spent in some of my most hardworked infighting luck roulettes maxes.