Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

d2all nm-speed in 22:04

... yes, that's a single second faster. Map 21 was a bit unlucky with 13 seconds lost, but then came map 27 with the vile bumping the door twice without opening it and 35 seconds lost.

30nm2204.zip

Edited by ZeroMaster010

Quiz time!

Who wrote...

1. "Realistically, though, I don't believe we'll ever see a sub-21 time [for 30uv]."
  2. "So very close to 20 minutes, but to save another 33 seconds on top of a [30uv] run like this in far beyond my capabilities."
  3. "I am 100% sure that sub 22 is not possible in any realistic amount of time by anyone, So a sub 23 minute run should be the final minute barrier for 30nm."
  4. "This [sub 23] *should* be the last minute barrier for 30nm, while there is always time to be saved in doom, I cannot imagine the amount of luck you'd need for a time under 22 minutes."
  5. "Regarding episode 2 and 3, or a full movie [of Plutonia nm], that will never happen."
  6. "I can't wait to see a nightmare run through DOOM2, it's just gotta be impossible!"

Bonus question!

X) If any of these was, in fact, incorrect, can you give a counterexample?

To give others a fair chance too, you can use the spoiler tag for your answers. Go!

1-5: I thought I couldn't get better at the game and didn't expect there to be a completely new skips possible after 20 years and finally I didn't expect to have the motivation to actually take on something as massive as 30pn, I was wrong I guess.

Of course anything is possible if someone just puts enough time to it.

6: romero.

"This shit teached me the final lesson. Regard everything I sed before, and I mean everything...couse obviously I'm not the right person to talk about future, I was(am) just a fool who payed too much attention on present and I let that missguide my judgement about tommorow."

This is very nice quote which gets disregarded way too many times in speedrunning. I really try to follow this quote because he wasn't a fool who sed this :-)

10 minutes ago, Looper said:

Doom2 Map24 in 35 seconds (no jump).

Great job. I don't think I'll ever not be impressed by people straferunning around the ledges on map24. The first time I saw it was one of my earliest "wow" moments when I first started watching demos.

Doom2 Map31 Secret Exit in 32 seconds on Nightmare!

Equals the nightmare normal exit time (:D).

nm31s032.zip

Edit: Seems like 4shockblast had already done this one, heh. We both have 32.71.

Edited by Looper

My personal "NICE!" moment in this deluge of tricks was the little sr40 elevator jump in map22, because that's a setupless bitch that's so easy to miss, heh.

Map32 UV Tyson (also: Fist Only/No Invulnerability)

ty32-417.zip

I don't know how to name this file properly. Sorry for the extra work, Andy.

Video here. Embrace the madness from @Nine Inch Heels. Can I be your apprentice now? ;P  Of course, it takes me a long time to complete the demo, and the demo is very long, or not efficient... There's almost no infight, so I can't "steal" some hits.

You must love him too much, so you keep fi$ting him until his a$$ explodes ;P

I guess you can fist only E2M8 then?

I love these punches between 2nd and 3rd rocket. I've never tried it myself this way