Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

10 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

I guess you can fist only E2M8 then?

I would suppose I could do that, however I most definitely wouldn't go for a second swing as often, because getting hit after 100+ punches thrown in can definitely hurt a big deal. Speaking of E2M8, I wish the map had a Zerk :P

@vdggAfter I tried several times, I would say punching between the 2nd and 3rd rocket is safer than punching after the 3rd rocket because you are guaranteed to have that much time to do it, but Cyberdemon sometimes would do a second attack soon after the 3rd rocket of the last one.

@Nine Inch HeelsWithout a Berserk pack, just think that's 10 Cybers packed together. Since you can punch out so many Cybers consecutively, it shouldn't be a problem, but I guess, lacking the sense of progress could be something though. Taking 11 as the mean damage of fist, 4000/11=364. That's a lot of hits if you ask me... BTW, correct me if I'm wrong after the statement above.

Don't know how to name these properly...

Map01 UV -Fast/Reality in 2:37

fa01y237.zip

Something boring, aka cornershooting, out of boredom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map07 UV -Fast/Reality in 2:23

fa07y223.zip

I hope those pieces of thin walls can work...

Edited by GarrettChan

It's nice to see it's doable but the question is, is it *practical* to get 100% secrets in Map15? I'm personally of the mindset that 90% should still be the required standard as corralling a Pain Elemental and then doing some pixel-precision bullshit looks *completely* unfun.

1 hour ago, Cyberdemon531 said:

that's cool and all but I'm not gonna do another d2all

Same trick can be used in the video for PL26 to get 100% Secrets.

11 hours ago, Cyberdemon531 said:

thats cool and all but I'm not gonna do another d2all

Yeah I assumed you'd say that. I don't blame ya anyway.

13 minutes ago, tatsurd-cacocaco said:

Nice MAXs, Looper. 

By the way, don’t you use vanilla exe for compet-N any more?

No. DOSbox is laggy shit.

19 hours ago, Looper said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Map30 UV-Max in 29 SECONDS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LV30-029.zip

holy cow. congratulations for beating this almost 20 year old record! It will highly depend on whether any TAS strategy which might be faster will ever be pulled off in nontas. I highly doubt it. but who knows? maybe someone will beat this in 2038!

1 minute ago, termrork said:

holy cow. congratulations for beating this almost 20 year old record! It will highly depend on whether any TAS strategy which might be faster will ever be pulled off in nontas. I highly doubt it. but who knows? maybe someone will beat this in 2038!

If I'm not entirely mistaken Looper uses the same kind of strat that zeromaster used in his recent tool-assisted run. So it basically is already a tas-strat.

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

If I'm not entirely mistaken Looper uses the same kind of strat that zeromaster used in his recent tool-assisted run. So it basically is already a tas-strat.

and if I am not entirely mistaken looper was the first who showed this strat about 5 years ago. nevertheless, I meant a new TAS strat which has not been done yet since the current route is optimal I guess.

45 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

You are mistaken. This is a strat I found 7 years ago.

I think it's about time to document strats ;)

I gotta know how to do those glides and wallruns and lineskips xD