Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

On 1/22/2019 at 10:11 PM, Looper said:

Map 12 max in 3:08

Beats the TAS and the co-op time by 5 seconds.

lv12-308.zip

damn, these SG and BFG shots and ammo management are top-notch! now I can repeat my comment to your map30 run which was unintended wrong there:

"you know a time is crazy if it even beats all TAS runs! hats off!"

also sent the demo to my partner of the coop run, he was very impressed (and a little bit pissed :D).

5 hours ago, termrork said:

now I can repeat my comment to your map30 run which was unintended wrong there:

"you know a time is crazy if it even beats all TAS runs! hats off!"

Hah :D (but actually not ALL TAS because there's d2all TAS :-)

Thanks!

I was hoping I'd get a second exit by the end of my short time off, but welp, looks like you'll have to wait for it along with a proper textfile.

doom 2 map 4 tyson in 4:46

Spoiler

Beats j4rio's tyson by 1 second even though I can fairly easily (read: if RNG isn't bad (I'm literally the best, it's just luck (I promise!))) get under 4 minutes, but I've been playing this for too long and give up.

The first part, grinding until the chaingunners don't shoot through the imps and kill me. Everything else is straightforward and is just a matter of speedy killing, which I failed to do so all over the place. The ending is so fucked up, I try to enter with at least 30 bullets for safety strats on chaingunners, but all that can be avoided if you just wanna chance telefrags and have a good stockpile of health.

Fuck this map.

d204tyson446.zip

doom 2 episode 1 -fast in 25:27

Spoiler

I want a placeholder for all the episode -fasts before doing the d2all attempts again. I got really fucking high and fucked around for about 3-4 hours on doing ep1 -fast movies and it's pretty sloppy all over but I think I did a decent job. I got a few 26:XXs and my goal was just to beat the old CN record for the dopamine hits. Over all this is far from optimal, but I tried to go for consistency over tryharding and my current state of mind was too blurry for much variation. 

d2e1fast2527.zip

doom 2 episode 2 -fast in 55:51

Spoiler

Again, I got really high for this and had fun.  I kinda forgot how to speedrun a few times throughout this run and got hella lost plenty of times. Really fun, but really bad. Gotcha was pretty cool because I completely made everything up and almost died trying it plenty of times. 

d2ep2fast5551.zip

On 5/24/2019 at 8:47 AM, Cyberdemon531 said:

doom 2 episode 1 -fast in 25:27

Reveal hidden contents

I want a placeholder for all the episode -fasts before doing the d2all attempts again. I got really fucking high and fucked around for about 3-4 hours on doing ep1 -fast movies and it's pretty sloppy all over but I think I did a decent job. I got a few 26:XXs and my goal was just to beat the old CN record for the dopamine hits. Over all this is far from optimal, but I tried to go for consistency over tryharding and my current state of mind was too blurry for much variation. 

d2e1fast2527.zip

Good stuff. I guess your UV-max full run helped quite a bit with this one. I was happy to see the lift block in map05 for the plasma rifle secret.

Doom 2 Map04 UV-speed in 0:27

I noticed that I didn't have that many UV-speed records in Doom 2, so let's take the easy ones.

lv04-027.zip

map 23 tyson in 6:34

Spoiler

This was a very fun demo to do, this was my second exit, took me about 30-40 minutes. Surprised that the fastest time was so high for this, given how this run isn't great and I've had runs on pace for under six minutes where the mastermind and spiders killed each other perfectly. Either way, cool stuff.

d223tyson634.zip