of room for improvement.

NS27-130.zip

MAP01 - Pacifist in 0:06

MAP18 - UV Speed in 0:27

MAP27 - UV Speed in 0:16

doom2-lv01-006.zip

doom2-lv27-016.zip

doom2-lv18-027.zip

The lv01 demo is my first ever try speedrunning. :)

Video links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXMN7SA0zLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVLuHm4kyyY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmAqK6xfIyQ

Edited by Scorpius

"30nm", "30nm", "30nm" all over the place, well here you go (not actually)

Map30 NM-Speed (59.00):

30nm-059-Alaux.zip

Edited by Alaux : I know nothing.

9 minutes ago, Asking4Id said:

No, it wouldn't be TAS.

Hm, you sure?

It's not something that was in the original DOOM, but at the same time one could make a physical crosshair on his screen, despite the port obviously (kinda like the Dot in GE64)

Crosshair isn't TAS. If you arrange features not strictly in the original exe by order of controversy, a crosshair would be near the bottom of that list -- lower than even the advanced prBoom+ HUD, which is widely accepted these days. I searched DW and there is hardly any discussion about it. A Google search of 'crosshair Compet-N' turns up nothing either. I imagine the lack of controversy is explained by the negligible advantage, if any, it confers for aiming in a game with aim as generous as Doom's. And as you said, you can also draw one yourself with a marker, or affix a bit of tape to the monitor. 

There is a setting that toggles the crosshair color in response to being 'on target'; you can use it to tell you whether perched enemies are in auto-aim range. I'd argue that is TAS. But the standard crosshair is fine. 

9 hours ago, kraflab said:

Alaux: 30nm is shorthand for the d2all nm run 😉

Oh...

But the demo is correctly named, right?

Map number usually comes after the wad indicator. In this case I'd expect nm30- or lv30n (doom2 historically has these characters). It's not a huge deal though.

6 hours ago, kraflab said:

Map number usually comes after the wad indicator. In this case I'd expect nm30- or lv30n (doom2 historically has these characters). It's not a huge deal though.

Ok, thanks for the advise.

17 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Crosshair isn't TAS. If you arrange features not strictly in the original exe by order of controversy, a crosshair would be near the bottom of that list -- lower than even the advanced prBoom+ HUD, which is widely accepted these days. I searched DW and there is hardly any discussion about it. A Google search of 'crosshair Compet-N' turns up nothing either. I imagine the lack of controversy is explained by the negligible advantage, if any, it confers for aiming in a game with aim as generous as Doom's. And as you said, you can also draw one yourself with a marker, or affix a bit of tape to the monitor. 

There is a setting that toggles the crosshair color in response to being 'on target'; you can use it to tell you whether perched enemies are in auto-aim range. I'd argue that is TAS. But the standard crosshair is fine. 

You're right about Doom's accurate aiming, but I was asking about the crosshair because I find it really helpful against the Icon of Sin if I try to shoot all three rockets without lowering the platform, but it's also a nice cosmetic addition for me. Anyways, I'll just use it for the Icon of Sin, for now. Thanks to you too.

I used a crosshair for this run, whether it's legit or not as for DSDA it won't be for me as long as I use it, but it helps me to know how far can I go with the time.

Map30 NM-Speed (31,31):

lv30n-31-Alaux.zip

Ok, time to get rid of the crosshair and try and recreate this.

Map30 NM-Speed (30,89):

n30-3089-Alaux.zip

If whoever uploads this on DSDA can make a comment on the demo stating that a crosshair was used, I'd be really thankful

Edited by Alaux

When it comes to those kinds of details, putting them in the text file is the best thing. If we labeled every feature every demo used then the tables would be super bloated.

7 hours ago, kraflab said:

When it comes to those kinds of details, putting them in the text file is the best thing. If we labeled every feature every demo used then the tables would be super bloated.

It's k

Also, gg ZeroMaster