Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

There are any rules about demo and videos on youtube?
I recorded video and uploaded on youtube on each of my demos here but only 1 demo included it, why?

image.png.75c7add309d940e4d08f798e30b6c9f5.png

I have normal sounds and music like once...

8 minutes ago, cHIBIs said:

There are any rules about demo and videos on youtube?
I recorded video and uploaded on youtube on each of my demos here but only 1 demo included it, why?

image.png.75c7add309d940e4d08f798e30b6c9f5.png

I have normal sounds and music like once...

I haven't gotten around to uploading the lv02 run (will do at some point), so that one is missing. The other demos I remember uploading had non-Doom music, which is not acceptable for DSDA. The two in the recent post weren't grabbed because you had multiple demos in a single post; if you do that, please add the YouTube links to your txt in the following format, as I won't auto-grab videos from the post if there are multiple video URLs:

YouTube video: put_link_here

hi, this is my noob run :

Episode 1 UV-max in 00:26:59

uvmax episode 1.zip

If I do my PB, it's on the "Personal Best Demo Thread" that I have to post ?

Edited by Firen

14 minutes ago, Firen said:

All non-WR demos are supposed to go here ⬇ but almost everyone ignores the thread :P

4 hours ago, Firen said:

Technically all episodes/D2All run can go to the corresponding thread, so you're fine :)

37 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Technically all episodes/D2All run can go to the corresponding thread, so you're fine :)

okay thank you :) What's the limit of the interval between each post? I think there is a problem if I spam a new PB every time i make one? (sorry for my bad english)

1 hour ago, Firen said:

okay thank you :) What's the limit of the interval between each post? I think there is a problem if I spam a new PB every time i make one? (sorry for my bad english)

It shouldn't have a real problem in this because I sometimes put up PB demos as well, but honestly, at least you shouldn't let others have the feeling of that your demos being low effort. Like, if you put in genuine effort but you just can't really break the record, then it's all fine.

But something like... if you put up a PB of 8:00 for a current record of 4:00, then probably you shouldn't do it too much :^)

10 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

It shouldn't have a real problem in this because I sometimes put up PB demos as well, but honestly, at least you shouldn't let others have the feeling of that your demos being low effort. Like, if you put in genuine effort but you just can't really break the record, then it's all fine.

But something like... if you put up a PB of 8:00 for a current record of 4:00, then probably you shouldn't do it too much :^)

Okay, I understand !

I don't think I have the capacity to break the record on episode 1 UV-Max (19:20 on dsda but I know Looper did better), not even to get closer, but I will do everything I can to get sub 25min (my goal), and then I will learn the Episode 2 (so maybe if I beat myself again during the practice of Episode 2 I will update)

Here is a pacifist demo that doubles as a 0% demo.

Played on Woof 10.2.0

Doom II Map01 Pacifist in 07.77 seconds

lv01p007.zip

Edited by SuyaSS : Updated with a text file