Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squonk

DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

18 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, map 10 here is MBF21 compat. Good thing it isn't like 20 thousand attempts I guess. :p

870 attempts later...

Map 10 NM Speed 30.71

lv10n-30.zip

4 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

I must have jinxed it. :^)

can you prank looper with this on the d2all so he'll run it again? pls and thanks

I became an obsessive fan of Doom in 2022, playing tons of Cacoward winners & eventually making eight of my own levels. I throw on the DSDA twitch stream at the end of every shift to help pass the time at my job and I've been inspired to make my own demos. I'd like to speedrun some of my favorite maps and get better at being actually good at Doom! 

I followed the advice of the Advice section on DSDA and started humbly, with a NoMo run of MAP31. Nothing grounbreaking, but it felt good to optimize my movement and figured I should share the practice. I love Doom.

no313297.zip

On 12/7/2022 at 9:17 PM, InTraining said:

I became an obsessive fan of Doom in 2022, playing tons of Cacoward winners & eventually making eight of my own levels. I throw on the DSDA twitch stream at the end of every shift to help pass the time at my job and I've been inspired to make my own demos. I'd like to speedrun some of my favorite maps and get better at being actually good at Doom! 

I followed the advice of the Advice section on DSDA and started humbly, with a NoMo run of MAP31. Nothing grounbreaking, but it felt good to optimize my movement and figured I should share the practice. I love Doom.

no313297.zip

FYI, it won't affect this run because there's no major incompatibilities between cl2 and cl9 in nomo (at least that would affect map 31), but you should use complevel 2 for Doom 2 instead of complevel 9.

Map 21 Stroller in 0:45. My run on DSDA is actually invalid. This one was a replacement I posted in 2019, but I think maybe it was used to replace the demo on DSDA2 and didn't propagate to DSDA3. Not sure. Either way, here you go. :P

lv21str045.zip