DOOM II demos [-complevel 2]

Very nice tysons there, j4rio; barrel kill @ map31 ;-).

2 people like this

map 02 nm-speed in 36.89

It's been 2 years since I did nm02-043, and since I've improved since then I figured I'd replace a bad 43s demo with a bad 36s demo.

nm02-036.zip

1 person likes this

map 19 nm-speed in 43.34, 7 second improvement using the new switch trick + the new route I had for 30nm.

nm19-043.zip

3 people like this

Quiz time!

Who wrote...

1. "Realistically, though, I don't believe we'll ever see a sub-21 time [for 30uv]."
  2. "So very close to 20 minutes, but to save another 33 seconds on top of a [30uv] run like this in far beyond my capabilities."
  3. "I am 100% sure that sub 22 is not possible in any realistic amount of time by anyone, So a sub 23 minute run should be the final minute barrier for 30nm."
  4. "This [sub 23] *should* be the last minute barrier for 30nm, while there is always time to be saved in doom, I cannot imagine the amount of luck you'd need for a time under 22 minutes."
  5. "Regarding episode 2 and 3, or a full movie [of Plutonia nm], that will never happen."
  6. "I can't wait to see a nightmare run through DOOM2, it's just gotta be impossible!"

Bonus question!

X) If any of these was, in fact, incorrect, can you give a counterexample?

To give others a fair chance too, you can use the spoiler tag for your answers. Go!

2 people like this

1-5: I thought I couldn't get better at the game and didn't expect there to be a completely new skips possible after 20 years and finally I didn't expect to have the motivation to actually take on something as massive as 30pn, I was wrong I guess.

Of course anything is possible if someone just puts enough time to it.

6: romero.

"This shit teached me the final lesson. Regard everything I sed before, and I mean everything...couse obviously I'm not the right person to talk about future, I was(am) just a fool who payed too much attention on present and I let that missguide my judgement about tommorow."

This is very nice quote which gets disregarded way too many times in speedrunning. I really try to follow this quote because he wasn't a fool who sed this :-)

2 people like this

Interestingly, the -turbo 10 one is a Sedlo-beater (though I think he recorded more as a joke than anything else).

http://www.doom2.net/compet-n/demos/tu01-042.zip

Despite his use of -turbo 3, this was actually a -turbo 10 demo. Relevant Discussion here.

Some of the competn contest demos don't seem to have made it to DSDA, btw.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Looper said:

Doom2 Map24 in 35 seconds (no jump).

Great job. I don't think I'll ever not be impressed by people straferunning around the ledges on map24. The first time I saw it was one of my earliest "wow" moments when I first started watching demos.