Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Andy Olivera, Jakub Razák's PR32-240 is no where to be found on DSDA.
It's not even in the /compet-n directory.

Also, don't upload this demo or this demo to DSDA, as HF06FAIL is already on DSDA but since I was an immature 13 year old when I submitted it, it's on the archive as FUCK.LMP. Also, PR32FAIL is contained in PR32-204 and will be included in the next update, unless you randomly abandon us and leave the world in terror.

...Damn, that was allot of "url=ing"

Dear Andy,

I have send wow.wad max by 0:07(WOW-28-007) to you though yahoo, however I found a vary of mistakes today. So therefore you can ignored that lmp file, that means 13 lmp files instead of 14 in that email. This is the correct one, I will send it to u again by yahoo soon, because there's still some runs not send to u. Thanks!

--Daiyu Xiaoxiang(Trevor Zheng Shun Hua)

wow-28-007.zip

157 demos this week.

Xeriphas: Thanks for the encouragement...and the correction.:-)

vdgg: That's one of the small changes I made while creating the 'Settings' page. WADs on the 'Updates' page also appear alphabetically, now.

Archy: No need to worry about the fail demos, as I rarely post demos that don't finish. And Jakub's old record has been added. Thanks!

SAV88: Fixed. Thanks!

My Map 07 demo for Surge is only UV-Speed (not pacifist). Sorry for the mistake.

My evatree.wad run is 2:06, not 3:04. I think I have forgetten to change the time back when copying the txt file information.

I havn't done any map yet in smedley.wad. That Map24 run is actually smelly.wad.

Thanks!

Sorry for bringing up such a minor issue, but 1994tu does not include the lastest WAD in the archive. MAP09 Max doesn't "work". If I'm not mistaken, only the main WAD file needs to be replaced (from here), 1994tu_old stays the same.

Hooray for small victories.  :>   I briefly corresponded with Adam Hegyi in 2005, and here are some more carried over from that list:

• e1m8-125.lmp has a length of 1:32
  • f1m8-206.lmp has a length of 2:04
The first may be an honest mistake: runs of ExM8 used to be timed by looking for the last tic with movement (the posted rules required you to keep moving until the screen melt, which Gazelle doesn't do here).

And one more:

• Panter's f1m8-223.lmp has a length of 2:22
I used -recordfromto in PrBoom+ to pad the input at the end, causing the intermission screen to complete.

@Arch-Vile Jump thread
"I propose naming demos ajXX-YYY (that is, a map01 demo in 1 minute would be aj01-100.lmp, or map20 Nightmare in fifteen seconds would be aj20n015.lmp, etc." by Grazza, but still you rename those ajXX-YYY files to avjXX-YYY :p

55 demos this week.

Paska: I can start using the AJxx convention, but I'm not going to rename all the entered demos. There are way too many.

Memfis: Fixed. Thanks!

I chocked up txt files of those hr demos, they're 3 different maps rather than the same map.

thanks for informing us, but if you want the issue fixed, shouldn't you have attached the substitute textfiles? :p

... nope
:D

I just want map slots at dsda fixed, those txts are named as they should be after all. Nobody (besides Andy) bothers to read them anyway.

i read textfiles for demos i watch rather consistently, so it's andy and me at the least. i also rename crazy custom archive names to ones following the naming customs. my lmps folder is huge, but neat and clean. :p

I also read the LMP stories consistently, and I also always rename overlong demo identifiers into my native 8-byte format.

Here are those fixed txt files, also added a special bonus - stories!
In my case it's mostly a rant though.

txts.zip

RED-XIII's map27, arch-vile jump, avj27s31.lmp says this error:
G_ReadDemoHeader: Unknown demo format 70.

I dunno what it's about.

Paska said:

RED-XIII's map27, arch-vile jump, avj27s31.lmp says this error:
G_ReadDemoHeader: Unknown demo format 70.

I dunno what it's about.

It's probably about the fact that the demo was recorded with Zdoom or one of its derivatives (I suspect Zdaemon).

64 demos this week.

Paska: I'm eMailed Red-XIII about. When he responds (or somebody else figures out what it was recorded on) I'll update the site. I'm sure it's not ZDaemon, though (demos are much larger).

Now for a question: should the nerve tables remain with the original 01-08 numbering or be changed to use the episode numbering of 12-19+31?

Finally, can anyone get Compet-N entries ep3-0748 or ep3-1413 to play back correctly?