Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

j4rio said:

There's also the possibility to insert pseudonym between name and surname, but I don't really like that option.

Very much agree. If both name and pseudonym must be listed, I much prefer it be listed as "Tatsuya Ito [Tatsurd-cacocaco]" than "Tatsuya "Tatsurd-cacocaco" Ito" though the latter works real well with some names like "Chris "Ryback" Ratcliff" as "Ryback" could easily be his real middle name.

Never_Again: F1 will be in the next update. redroom & redroom1 demos fixed. Underscore reinstated.

As for the naming, for WAD authors I'm leaning toward "first 'alias' last". I'll change these (again) later. I want player names to be shorter, so in most cases it needs to be either alias or name.

Sorry for another thing but I checked by Sunder MAP 14 Nightmare demo. It's also pacifist so could it be marked as so? :)

j4rio said:

here and here author is Gusta

These wads are identical, only different .txt files. It has originally been uploaded to some czech doom website as ada.wad and later reuploaded to DSDA by Grazza as medley.wad so I think you can remove ada.wad from database and move Grazza's only demo there to the medley.wad's folder.

56 demos this week.

vdgg: Looper's demo is actually NoMo. Both it and Brad's demos relocated. Thanks!

SAV88: Fixed. Thanks!

A few things of my own:

First, collections will no longer be updated with newer demos, so if you plan on uploading a collection, make sure you're completely happy with it. I've done this for people in the past, but there's really no need for it. A player's current fastest times can be accessed from the 'Demos by Player' section.

Second, I finally fixed the error pages so the links actually work (they used to be dead ends).

Seems like quite a mess somehow happenned :p

Nevan's demo is of c-shock 2 rather than c-shock 1, and he used -cl 9.

All my killadve demos used -cl 9.

em116 map 14 used -cl 9.

Ribbiks didn't use -cl 9 for recording, all his contributions AFAIK are with default complevel. (0, I assume)

Looper used vanilla for refuse.wad contest, I suppose.

My apologies for sending another big correction bundle right after j4rio's

Requiem.wad
MAP01 rq01-043 (Henning Skogsto) -> CN
MAP13 rq13-717 (Adam Williamson) -> CN
MAP15 rq151048 (Xit Vono) -> CN
MAP16 rq16-805 (Adam Williamson) -> CN
MAP22 rq22-518 (Henning Skogsto) -> CN
rq22-525 (Adam Williamson) -> CN
rq22-558 (Yashar Garibzadeh) -> CN
rq22-628 (Jason Henry) -> CN
MAP23 rq231043 (Istvan Pataki) misses some nazis
MAP30 Wow, what a mess. I never was interested in boss brain maps, thus I've never checked it properly. There should be four valid maxes: 0:49, 1:10, 1:22, 2:21. 1:09 by Adam Hegyi, together with speeds (0:18 and 0:55) are nowhere to be found. The links lead to rquvlmp2, but the archive does not contain them, nor does any of six (!) rquvlmp2's I downloaded throughout the web. My guess is they are lost and we should delete the records. Why would Altima bother to record slower demos after that if 1:09 existed?
rq30-152 by Altima I get 25/27 kills (two cacos left behind). Finally, rq30-021 by Yonatan -> CN

My Community Chest 4 Map17 run have one monster missing, this is due to my outdated version of this wad. Anyway can you please treat my run as a UV Max run instead of "Others"?

j4rio said:

Ribbiks didn't use -cl 9 for recording, all his contributions AFAIK are with default complevel. (0, I assume)

I learned my lesson though, so my su05 and su07 maxes are cl9, as will be any future su-demos.