Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Oh hey my MMH demos went up. For some reason I never thought to submit them but I'm glad to see them there anyhow!

I've got a couple new ones that beat those records, as posted in the Misc thread:

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~woorich1/doom_mmh_e1m1_113h_0004669.zip
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~woorich1/doom_mmh_e1m2_200h_0011637.zip
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~woorich1/doom_mmh_e1m3_200h_0035009.zip
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~woorich1/doom_mmh_e1m4_200h_0020374.zip

These are recorded with Competition Doom. Hoping to use a much better route for e1m4 and get the time to around :50.

EDIT: Oh I see that I'm supposed to email these. Doing so now :-)

23 demos this week. We've also passed 2,000 WADs!

rrwoods: It's not necessary to post and eMail the demos. I try to grab everything posted here, and when I miss something it doesn't take long for somebody to point it out to me.:-)

Daiyu new end1 demos: they are NOT complevel 3, with the exception of E2M4 demo in 3:25 (the only one accepted by Chocolate Doom)
...and wow for a bunch of pc_cp stuff, but... this is what we intended? Plus, the engine versions are at the bottom of this thread...

Oh, my Whitemare map08 TAS max was just a practice demo that I shared to show the route and how to get all secrets. It's not really a serious speedrun, can you remove it please? :)

btw when you don't know which version of prboom-plus was used to record a particular demo, you can try opening it in notepad and scrolling down to the end, sometimes (if extended demo format was used during the recording) the info will be there.

Memfis said:

Oh, my Whitemare map08 TAS max was just a practice demo that I shared to show the route and how to get all secrets. It's not really a serious speedrun, can you remove it please? :)

Why? :) It's a successful UV Max demo and the only one presently up there. :) Do you not want people browsing DSDA to know how to get through that map? :)

I guess you have a point and I shouldn't worry about this stuff so much. Disregard my previous request. :)

Some problems related to pc_cp and pccppack.zip.

Map07 is done in 4:16, however only the version of pc_cp is 4:16, the other one of pccppack.zip is 1:59.

My runs of Map09 and 22 hadn't included in pccppack.zip yet.

40 demos this week.

vdgg: Complevel of Daiyu's demos should be fixed. The engine versions in the pccp thread are only for the final demos, I believe.

j4rio: I can move the slower times into their own collection, but many of them are from different players than the final demos and deserve a place of their own.

Daiyu: I don't understand what you mean about MAP07. As for MAPs 09 and 22, I added those back when they were posted, because they weren't marked for the pack. I can add these after j4rio decides if he wants the collection split.

Andy Olivera said:

Daiyu: I don't understand what you mean about MAP07. As for MAPs 09 and 22, I added those back when they were posted, because they weren't marked for the pack. I can add these after j4rio decides if he wants the collection split.

Just make it easy, delete the 1:59 run of Map07.

Just noticed Mr. dew's pacifict 0:05 demo Is for Dmp2012a.wad map 15 andy dear,not for map 5:)

28 demos this week.

Memfis: Fixed. Thanks! Also, I suppose that's another feature that would be nice to have. I'll add it to the list, along with engine filtering and turning the Updates/News megalists into drop-down boxes...:-)