Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

You could have them moved under the "Unknown" player, which already has 200 demos.  Most people's early demos are terrible or low-effort, etc, so I don't think you should feel ashamed about them.  It's part of the beautiful history of doom.  It lets people for instance watch shockblast's early demos and see that he was human once.  That's just my 2 cents.

GarrettChan: A lot of runners get discouraged I think, especially early on.  Doom is a challenging and unforgiving game for speedrunning, with many skills required, both clear and subtle, and uv max especially I think is difficult to excel at.  Many people are happy to see any runs completed for maps, as long as the runner has put in effort.  So, I think that if you are happy with your demos, if they meet your own standard, you should feel good about posting them.  There is a wide range of skill levels of active players, and everyone started from somewhere.  That is just my feeling, I can't speak for everyone.  We talk in the discord quite often about the current trends in the community, and I have to tell you that we've talked about how it's exciting to see new faces lately, including your own, here submitting new content!

Edited by kraflab

yeah i think you are caring too much about this rdwpa :)

you think every one of j4rio's demos, or 4shocks is 100% ELITE worth watching? :p

Few years later that number of demos you consider trash will be somewhere around 98-99%.

Yeah you guys are right. (I caught your post GarrettChan before it was edited, but was too preoccupied to respond.) Anyway, felt good to vent about this though. 

2 hours ago, rdwpa said:

http://doomedsda.us/wad945m228.html

Esko Koskimaa's TAS max in 2:06 doesn't kill a HK at the end and exits with 99% kills. 

Not true. This is a converted Tasdoom demo and needs to be played back with -complevel 5 (-complevel 3 will also do).

The fact that it doesn't quite play back correctly with Doom2.exe was noted on the original TAS site. More info.

A demo of mine from Bloodstain appears to be absent this week (MAP19) but that may have been because I edited the post beforehand. Just a heads-up. No rush.

@dewBecause I didn't want to bump a bunch of threads, so I did this. I'll pay attention next time (but shouldn't have next time because I'll do these right away in the future).

Oh, it is actually encouraged to bump wad-specific threads in this subforum! While DSDA provides a much more comfortable way to access demos, it is still preferred to sort demos by wad/thread here instead of having one giant dumping thread. There's even this romantic feeling to bumping an old thread with new demo activity!

One of my nomonsters demos in this week's update is for Community Chest 2 MAP28, but it got uploaded under the first Cchest instead. Thanks!

38 minutes ago, doomdaniel95 said:

One of my nomonsters demos in this week's update is for Community Chest 2 MAP28, but it got uploaded under the first Cchest instead. Thanks!

I feel partly responsible, what with the slew of CC1 demos I have done this week. Sorry, mate.

1 hour ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

I feel partly responsible, what with the slew of CC1 demos I have done this week. Sorry, mate.

Haha no worries! We posted our demos in different threads and it's happened to me before when I've had multiple demos for any of the Cchests in one week.

34 demos this week.

All fixed or added since last update.

FYI, I'm not going to keep posting new versions of freedoom, because they're never going to stop coming and we already have three versions with only a handful of demos between them. So, from now on all new demos need to be compatible with v0.11 in order to be posted. Or, better yet, stick to WADs that are finished.

SUDTic E2M2: 83% (5/6) secrets is maximum. Mike Toliver 9:03 has 83%, Never_Again 5:55 has everything mentioned in the .txt but only 66% due to absent-mindedness (I guess) and Ryback in his 3:53 followed Never_Again and has only 66%. So the only valid Max is Mike Toliver's and there's no valid UV -fast

I realized that Andy may take the demos on days besides Sunday, so I shouldn't post the demo if I decide I may give it a few more tries to increase workload. My TNTR Map04 UV Max run is accidentally labelled "Tyson", and there's a quicker Map05 UV Max run in 3:55. Thanks.

36 demos this week.

GarrettChan: I add demos throughout the week, then run an update on Sunday. Multiple demos for the same record aren't that big of a deal. However, you should refrain from editing improved demos into old posts, because I won't see them if I've already viewed that post. As for the mislabeled demo, the text file shows it as Tyson; the same is true for your MAP06 demo. I'll catch many of these errors, but not all of them.

ZeroMaster: Fixed. Thanks!

Oh god, I didn't even realize I put "UV Tyson" instead of "UV Max" on Map03 to Map06 demos... Really sorry about that.