Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Sage's ws22-1405 (wos) has an awesome cyberdemon fight :) 11:27, 11:43. You may add -skipsec 680

Crispy Doom has reached version 5.2 so you might want to update the "Source Ports" section.

74 demos this week.

mun: I'll post the new version when someone uses it, not that it really matters since Crispy versions are all compatible.

May I ask: what has been the most amount of demos ever submitted during a single week?

101 demos this week.

Poncho: Submitted, I'm not sure. If you mean posted then the most was 303 demos on 12/7/08 and the least was 5 demos on 10/11/09.

For Scythe map 28:

• All demo pack maxes are technically invalid by the current rules including the TAS as they don't get the secret. That's Vile's run and two Hegyi's runs.
  • Magikal's run is also invalid as it likewise skips the secret. It should also be noted, that Legacy doesn't even support the voodoo doll trick used in this map apparently, which is what makes it possible for his run to be as long as 40 seconds, so that should probably be noted under the run.
Edited by 4shockblast

1 hour ago, 4shockblast said:

All demo pack maxes are technically invalid by the current rules including the TAS as they don't get the secret.

And the rules at the time, naturally. As AdamH's text implies, he was mainly looking to show that 100% kills was possible.

8 hours ago, Grazza said:

And the rules at the time, naturally. As AdamH's text implies, he was mainly looking to show that 100% kills was possible.

Hm, alright. In any case, those runs ended up in max somehow at some point and don't belong there at this point.

@Andy Olivera what are your thoughts on FDA demos? i have quite a lot but 1) i dont want to give you lots of extra work, and 2) are they encouraged to be uploaded?

i have them all cloud-stored but i guess im a little bit vain and would like them stored externally and publicly available...

140 demos this week.

No update next week and possibly the one after, then back to normal.

Bob9001: Of course it didn't; you edited it into an old post. I don't know how many times I have to say not to do this. Added.

rehelekretep: I really regret adding the FDA category to the DSDA; I certainly don't want 'quite a lot' more of them. That said, if you want them to be added eventually, they need to have text files that include both the final time and the total time (if there are deaths). UV only, and demos that don't exit or multi-part demos won't be posted.

102 demos this week.

4shock: I think those may've desynced with the current version. I've been removing some of the 'old WAD' demos to clean things up; sf2012 was a compatibility mess and lost a fair number of demos.

- My UV Max run for disjunct Map10 is missing a monster (since Player177 is the true boss to discover how to kill the last Arch-vile...)

- The UV Max run for tntr Map03 by jjthebird has "-cl 3" instead of "-cl 4" (I checked with a hex editor to make sure he didn't make this strange mistake)

It seems that a few of my demos have been ignored over the past few months.

I'm not sure if it's because the last two need patch WADs or anything.

Either way, it would be nice if this were addressed.

Use Doom 2 as the iwad and Plutonia as a pwad* -- or alternatively, in prBoom+, keep Plutonia as the iwad and add -complevel 2 to the command line. 

*Some oldschool Final Doom demos were recorded that way. You can tell because 'DooM2 v1.9' will be listed as the engine rather than 'DooM2 v1.9f'. 

Edited by rdwpa