Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

uh, the sf3 demos i made (and the prcp one, from the other day) were probably done with permanent sr50 on;  i enabled it in prboom at some point in january and forgot about it all the way to march. then i forgot about it again, until now. from the forum end i'm going to delete them and run, but the two archived ones should be removed from there, as well. all the others should be legit. sorry about that.

and being the kind of idiot who would do that, i made one more slipup: the jenesis map03 demo does require jenefix. i'd assumed that wasn't an affected map, for whatever reason... i think that's everything. i'm done posting old runs, so hopefully i can get my shit together now.

Hi andy, could you please remove my TNT d2all ITYTD-Max run as it desyncs on map31.

Thank you.

Andy doesn't upload demos for wads that aren't final (or known to be), since they might end up desyncing. That would be my guess for why nothing for sigil is uploaded yet.

12 hours ago, kraflab said:

Andy doesn't upload demos for wads that aren't final (or known to be), since they might end up desyncing. That would be my guess for why nothing for sigil is uploaded yet.

I don't think so. I have never seen newer wads which would sync with elder demos. v1.1 demos will always sync in v1.1 wad.

Why not fill a version at the end of a wad? I remember I saw some wads that have a version at the end, like btsx_e1 (2012), (2013) and (2017) or freedoom-0.7. The last one is absent for some reason and replaced with freedoom-0.11. Nevertheless, it's not my deal which demos to store and I'm not arguing.

Yes, he used to upload demos for unfinished wads but it became annoying to manage all the desyncs, so he stopped doing it some time ago.

Most likely he will not upload any of the demos that are already desyncing with the latest version.

It seems like my Ancient Aliens ep3 speed and map 23 pacifist runs did not get uploaded(a demo posted after them did get uploaded), just wondering if that was an error on my part or if they slipped through the cracks.

I accidentally put a wrong time (0:22 instead of 0:20) in my NoYe MAP03 nomo run's text file and it got uploaded to the website incorrectly. 

The updated zip file is in the NoYe demos [-complevel 9] thread.

Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience!

Sorry for bothering you again, but my Alien Vendetta (2nd release) MAP20 nomo 0:48 run was uploaded as an Ancient Aliens run.

Here's the topic and my comment there: Nomonster speedrunning

Thank you, have a nice day!

I stated doing a NM-Speed for Into The Storm when it is really a NM100S run. My mistake! I corrected my original post as well.

Doom:
E2M5s Nomo in 20s by opulent has 2 entries

Doom2:
Map01 movie nm-speed in 29:24 has a dead link.

Map 25 Adam,Istvan UV-Speed in 1:23 is the same as the 1:23 in uv-max (uv-max being the correct category)
Vincent,Nicolas UV-Speed in 1:32 should be uv-max.

TNT:
Map 31 pacifist in 29 by adam hegyi links to a xit vono demo, correct demo can be found here: https://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=download&cndb=&record_id=6525

The 0:27,28,30,31,33 uv-speed demos are pacifist

Plutonia:
Map 28 UV-Speed in 1:32 by xit vono is the same as pacifist entry (pacifist being the correct category)

dac19:
This wad is identical to spdvilla, some (I assume all) demos there are identical to demos already listed in spdvilla.

Mistake (please replace):

50 Monsters Map01 UV Max in 1:31

50m01-131.zip

Missed:

50 Monsters Map02 UV Max in 1:40

50m02-140.zip

I apologize I made some mistakes here and there in the .txt file...

Edited by GarrettChan

I've noticed that my Sunlust MAP15 demo lacks "Skill 2 Max" label under it, it's simply listed as Other with no comment, unlike every other demo I submitted for it. I checked the demo again, didn't miss any monsters or secrets.